Looking for upgrade tips and opinions.

I have a fairly new system, and I was wondering if I were to upgrade it, in what order should I do it, and with what options. My system specs:

Thermaltake versa c22 case Gigabyte gaming 3 z170 x mobo i7 6700 k oc d to 4.5 ghz Enermax liqmax II 240 aio water cooler 5 system fans (2 corsair ml pro 120 for radiator fans, and 3 corsair hd120 for case airflow) Thermaltake tr2 gold 700w psu (new version) Gigabyte gaming 1 Gtx 1080 HyperX fury ddr4 2*8 gb 2666 ram 240 gb ssd and 1 tb hdd Corsair node pro for case lighting

For peripherals I have razer mouse, headset, speakers and keyboard. Microboard m340 clz monitor.

Thanks for the help!

Joker did a video recently on ultrawide 1440p at high refresh rates and found that a 1080ti would be better suited at keeping up high detail and/or high refresh rates (I googled your monitor and it seems to be 3440x1440 100hz) so it should apply to you:

So if selling your 1080 and getting a 1080ti would be a not essential but nevertheless decent upgrade for you specially since it's not that much more money. But I'd wait for AIB cards instead of the reference it looks like there's some performance potential left on the table for the stock cooler.

-------

Current Rig

-------

There's not really anything that needs to be upgraded and the benefits of any upgrade would probably not be worth the expense.

You didn't mention what sort of SSD you have, other than that it's 240 Gig. You could upgrade to a 500Gig NVME M.2 SSD.

Or, you could get rid of that ugly case and/or "upgrade" (more of a lateral shift) to Ryzen. :)

But seriously, you could satisfy your "build it" impulse by putting together a system for someone else. Or build an entirely new mini-ITX system for grins.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

Thanks for the inputs guys. Yeah I was thinking about getting a 1080 ti or another, maybe used,1080 in sli(that would probably be cheaper, don't really know how/where I could sell my 1080).

I would get an m.2 ssd but it is just too pricy I guess, I actually need nore storage space rather than speed, since its mainly for gaming and some minor video/music editing. Maybe ill get a 3 tb harddrive.

I am also considering to change to the corsair 460 x case, the only thing that holds me back is wasting the money I spent on the other (to be honest its not that ugly, actually looks quite nice irl, the main problem with it is the airflow, and I wish it had a tempered glass panel) would it be worth changing? 

As for ryzen, perfomance wise in gaming the 6700 k is the same if not better or slightly different. I dont think it would be worth changing the skylake, it is a decent processor for almost everything.