BF1 GTX 1070 144hz

SwervinPersian

So my setup is:

i5 7600K

GTX 1070 FE

16GB RAM

1440p 144hz monitor

On BF1 on Ultra I get 80-99fps, so i tried lower resolution such as medium and I get anywhere from 120-144. It fluctuates a lot. To gain 'smoother gameplay' is it better for me to lower the refresh rate on my monitor and game to 120hz? I don't notice screen tearing, but when it drops I can see the jitter. Usually intense 64player games

your cpu is a bottleneck, get a i7 7700k  or a 5820k/6800k for that resolution. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

your cpu is a bottleneck, get a i7 7700k  or a 5820k/6800k for that resolution. 

lol doesn't Linus say that the extra 100$ for the i7 is not worth it if u only gaming....

1 minute ago, SwervinPersian said:

lol doesn't Linus say that the extra 100$ for the i7 is not worth it if u only gaming....

yeah but bf1 is a cpu heavy game iirc. 

linus says lots of things do your research for your needs, pc master race slogan is 60 fps and most people are happy with it. a i7 is necessary for higher fps such as 120/144fps gaming especially AAA titles. 

In general I'd agree, but BF1 is something of an outlier in that regard. Also, aiming for extremely high framerates in new games makes i7's a much more defensible purchase than they are at 60 FPS.

BF1 will load an i5 to 90%+ on every core in 64-player servers. I'm surprised you're able to reach 120+ FPS, to be honest. My personal experience with a 6600K and GTX 1070 is that anything over about 70 FPS is highly variable and dependent on how many physics effects are firing off.

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

linus says lots of things do your research for your needs, pc master race slogan is 60 fps and most people are happy with it. a i7 is necessary for higher fps such as 120/144fps gaming especially AAA titles. 

shame I did not ask you this before I bought all my parts...

8 minutes ago, SwervinPersian said:

shame I did not ask you this before I bought all my parts...

Have you overclocked?

overclocking the 7600K to 4.5Ghz would definitely be good enough to increase framerates if the CPU's not already overclocked.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

6 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Have you overclocked?

overclocking the 7600K to 4.5Ghz would definitely be good enough to increase framerates if the CPU's not already overclocked.

No, been always a little skeptical about it. Could I overclock it with the CAM software? or do i have to do it in the BIOS? 

Also my PSU is CS550M by corsair...

Edited by SwervinPersian

Turn on shader cache, that should help with any cpu issues (if there are even any). Other than that, your 1070 is performing how it should for 1440p @ 144Hz on a AAA title. 

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

10 minutes ago, Gix7Fifty said:

Turn on shader cache, that should help with any cpu issues (if there are even any). Other than that, your 1070 is performing how it should for 1440p @ 144Hz on a AAA title. 

Would 120hz make it smoother than jittery 144hz?

Make sure nothing is running in the background, even FRAPS.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Turn down post processing.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Even with a new i7, a GTX 1070 isn't going to be getting you 144 FPS @ Ulltra, either at 1440p, or 1080p.

I have an i7 2600K @ 4.6 Ghz, I play Bf1 at 1440p, Ultra, and I get about the FPS you mentioned in the OP. Like you said, it fluctuates a lot, and there are places where it goes to just above 60 FPS for me.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Gsync is the answer ?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO