New gaming rig build - Advice welcome! (specially on monitors)

I have put ***s on sections that I could really use some help sorting out specific parts on. I am expecting to buy and build this rig near the end of May. Please let me know if I am throwing money in the wrong direction or if you see something I can do better! I really want my games to be able to play smoothly in the highest resolution possible, I am usually playing the newest and greatest games but am not aiming for competition or anything like that. 

1. Budget & Location

I do not really have a hard budget, I am trying to get the most out of my money, rather than have the most powerful thing I possibly can at this moment. 

2. Aim

I want to have an upper end gaming machine that I will not have to upgrade for a while. I really want to be able to jump straight into Freesync 2.0 when it becomes available, mainly due to the HDR requirement (I fully admit my understanding of this standard may be wrong)

*** 3. Monitors

This is my largest hang up right now. I want to have a beautiful gaming experience, I will not be gaming on any competitive level but my biggest issue with console gaming is that it just doesn't seem smooth and there is a lot of ghosting on my TV.

4. Peripherals

Need a new keyboard, I still have a Razer Naga that is getting the job done

5. Why are you upgrading? 

My last rig died out in early 2015 and I didn't want to build another until now. 

My build (so far unless you all straighten me out)

Ryzen 1700x 

Wraith Spire LED cooler

Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200mhz 
The 1TB HD from my previous rig
The 250GB SSD from previous rig

EVGA SuperNova 750w Gold (my attempt to fix what I thought was wrong with previous rig, didn't work so this is still brand new)

*** Radeon 480, possibly in a crossfire setup (I have identified that I want to go with AMD for Freesync 2.0 and the 480 seems to have a good price/perf. I do not know what the difference is between all of the brands of this same GPU)

*** Some motherboard (I have been looking at the Hero VI but am not sure I can justify the price)
Cooler Master HAF X - I am reusing the previous case, because why not?

Also, what do I do with the old components? 

Would you like a silent build? I have put something together, and also threw in a new case, due to its better insulation and sound proofing. I would use your old components, old case included, for a mediacenter PC and hook it up to your TV. (Assuming that you have your old PSU and it still works), If you don't want to, just leave out the case from this list and you are good to go. :)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YkMMr7

Oh and I forgot, ghosting is actually a problem on some freesync monitors (I experienced it at least, when testing some). And I don't think that HDR capable monitors are out yet, but if I had the choice, I would probably go for a gtx 1080 or 1080ti instead and buy a gsync monitor with hdr, when it is finally released. I have one gsync monitor myself (No HDR obviously) and it is brilliant. I don't regret the pruchase tbh. :) (running it with a 1070)

14 hours ago, honor said:

I would use your old components, old case included, for a mediacenter PC and hook it up to your TV. (Assuming that you have your old PSU and it still works), If you don't want to, just leave out the case from this list and you are good to go. :)

I would love to use the old computer but I cannot figure out how to get the thing to work. I press the power button, the thing lights up the fans start to go and then it turns off. It starts itself again and it continues power cycling indefinitely until I hard shut it off with a long power press. It never makes it to bios or at least nothing appears on the monitor. I tried plugging the monitor into the onboard port as well at the GTX 670 I have in the rig. I tried attaching a MoBo speaker to get beeps codes but I got no beeps either because it is also broken or I failed at the install. I originally thought it was a PSU problem but replacing the PSU did not resolve :/ 

I am trying to avoid Nvidia for this build, as I want to be ready for freesync 2 which has a base requirement to be HDR. Thank you for the build. I see that the MoBo doesnt have 3000 ram speed listed, is that going to be an issue with the ram being 3000? Shouldn't I match the numbers ?

sounds like a dead mobo :/ Oh and regarding the ram, the clockcount will simply lower to the levels the mobo supports so no problem there. Getting 16 gb at a cas latency of just 15 and a clockspeed 3000 is a ridiculously good value. THe mobo supports up tp 3200 (I don't get why 3000mhz isn't listed, but it should work flawlessly)

On 3/16/2017 at 11:37 AM, CodeRedJack said:

I would love to use the old computer but I cannot figure out how to get the thing to work. I press the power button, the thing lights up the fans start to go and then it turns off. It starts itself again and it continues power cycling indefinitely until I hard shut it off with a long power press. It never makes it to bios or at least nothing appears on the monitor. I tried plugging the monitor into the onboard port as well at the GTX 670 I have in the rig. I tried attaching a MoBo speaker to get beeps codes but I got no beeps either because it is also broken or I failed at the install. I originally thought it was a PSU problem but replacing the PSU did not resolve :/ 

I am trying to avoid Nvidia for this build, as I want to be ready for freesync 2 which has a base requirement to be HDR. Thank you for the build. I see that the MoBo doesnt have 3000 ram speed listed, is that going to be an issue with the ram being 3000? Shouldn't I match the numbers ?

With respect to your old system, it might be an issue with cpu cooling. Did you check that the cpu cooler was well mounted and the fan(s) working? If the system is a several years old it could even be that the thermal compound has to be replaced.

I've also seen this behavior with badly behaving usb. Have you tried booting with all usb devices (including keyboard and mouse) removed?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.