Audio not working in Windows 7

darren49402

So last night I bought the hunter call of the wild and it wasn't launching, so I updated my graphics driver and installed  somewhere around 180 updates for windows  and when I finally got the game to launch no audio came through my speakers or my headphones. I can open sound options in my control panel and see the speakers and when I set it to default it shows on the meter that audio is playing, but no sound actually comes through. Same with my headphones. The only thing that works is the built in speaker on my monitor. 

Specs : windows 7 64bit

Amd fx6300,  Asus m5a97 le r2.0 mobo, gtx 980ti, 8gb ram, 750w cooler master psu, 64gb ssd boot drive, 2tb wd green hdd, 1tb Hitachi hdd. 

Thanks in advance for any help but I'm at work till about 5, so I won't be able to try any fixes until then. 

what about audio drivers? (you can check by downloading 3dpchip, and if appears an exclamation means that you need an update)

arent your headphones volume set to 0? 

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

24 minutes ago, Blackhole890 said:

what about audio drivers? (you can check by downloading 3dpchip, and if appears an exclamation means that you need an update)

arent your headphones volume set to 0? 

I did check volume levels on everything. I opened device manager and it said drivers were up to date, but I'll check with 3dpchip as well