bf4 cant even campain now (if u havent played yet this has slight spoilers)

acrain92
Go to solution Solved by acrain92,

well I have found the root of the issue unfortunately my psu is failing, and is no longer outputting the correct voltages on the 3.3v rail.

oh well at least I was already shopping for a new one, for now I have stocked all my clocks and reset asus's load-line calibration as well as its epu settings over too power saving.

this has gotten me back to a stable 2.9-3.1v but if I start folding or gaming it quickly falls down to around 2.6-2.8v.

anyone want to donate a psu to a dying pc lol

so I was playing fine in campaign on bf4 then all of the sudden once I got to the part on the bridge when you are heading to the airfield my computer suddenly stops displaying as you fall into the water after the boat hits the bridge I play smoothly avg-ing around 30-55 fps up to this point on ultra and this still happens unless I go with auto but even then I get through the sewer through the first hanger but after I cross the sky bridge to the next one as I approach the door at the end of it I get no input on my monitor again is there any bugfixes targeting anything similar this doesn't happen on any other games so I know it isn't a dying component and I know my hardware is adequate enough too play

my rig specs

cpu: amd Athlon II x4 630 2.8 ghz

cpu cooler: thermaltake water 2.0 performer aio

motherboard: asus m5a990x evo rev1.0

gpu: HIS amd hd radeon 6950 2gb (exploited to 6970 but kept clocks slightly lower than the 6970 to improve lifespan)

also tried different gpu configs crossfired and non as I had 2 lying around

alt gpus: reference amd hd radeon 7770 ghz edition 2gb (tried with single card and crossfire)

HDD: 3x wd black 1tb no raid  1 for local and the other 2 are set as network drives

soundcard: creative sound blaster xfi extreme 7.1 pci e (badly branded as their x-fi extreme line when it realy isn't in the same class)

(bad buy will replace soon)

psu: Silverstone strider 550w  80 pluss cant remember exect model (I know its small but really under full synthetic load im only pulling about 480-490 and from the look of the internals its way overbuilt for a 550w

again thanks for any help guys id appreciate it and yes iv done the usual ladder of drivers reinstalls install repairs and  ea/origin cursing

Restart that chapter over, i have a trainer you can use to get up to the point where it would crash

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

will restarting the chapter fix the issue if so im not worried about getting back to it its only about 8-9 minutes into the chapter

ill have to try tomorrow im too tired too play at the moment its 4:30 am my time lol

Wish I could offer some advice, but that chunk of text is too much for my brain tonight. Try some punctuation next time, and good luck.

Wish I could offer some advice, but that chunk of text is too much for my brain tonight. Try some punctuation next time, and good luck.

sorry about that I have never been good at punctuation.

I know its bad form especially on a forum, and thanks for wishing luck. xD

well I have found the root of the issue unfortunately my psu is failing, and is no longer outputting the correct voltages on the 3.3v rail.

oh well at least I was already shopping for a new one, for now I have stocked all my clocks and reset asus's load-line calibration as well as its epu settings over too power saving.

this has gotten me back to a stable 2.9-3.1v but if I start folding or gaming it quickly falls down to around 2.6-2.8v.

anyone want to donate a psu to a dying pc lol