Intel core i7-6700k or 7700k

Hello,

I'm planning on building a new PC, but can't decide between the i7-6700k or 7700k. Both chips are at the same price (the 7700k even slightly cheaper) and I have to ask, is there a trick?

I've read that is not worth the upgrade, but if I'm gonna start from 0, is it better to buy the 7700k instead the 6700k?

The Pc is mainly for gaming.

Help please and I'll appreciate any advice for an appropiate motherboard for each CPU.

Thanks a lot.

If the 7700K is cheaper that is the obvious buy. They are similar in performance, 7700K just has some features that come with the Kaby Lake platform

1 minute ago, Afabril said:

(the 7700k even slightly cheaper)

If its a reputable seller, go for the 7700K,  It's a bit of an upgrade (just not worth it to sell a 6700K to get one)

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

7700k is clear winner if you are going to overclock as it can hit 5ghz (which you should be if going k) - if not then just get a which i7 is cheapest

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P