Turn Noctua NH-D15 by 90° on Asus Z170 Delux

Go to solution Solved by tkell,

sorry no, I just did a dry fit to look into that for you as I am not using that MB at the moment. But I am sure that would work for you if you get the the S model as it is shifted a bit for more options.

20170313_180912.jpg

Ok, I'm looking for a possible upgread containing a Asus Z170-Delux and a Noctua DH-15. While they are compatible in the normal configuration (blowing towards the read I/O) I like to turn it by 90 degrees (blowing towards the PCIe slots).

I can't get exact measurements of the MoBo without buying it. Does anyone of you have some expereince?

I don't care if the first PCIe slot migth be blocked and I use 49 mm RAM (4 sticks).

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

52 minutes ago, Stefan1024 said:

Ok, I'm looking for a possible upgread containing a Asus Z170-Delux and a Noctua DH-15. While they are compatible in the normal configuration (blowing towards the read I/O) I like to turn it by 90 degrees (blowing towards the PCIe slots).

I can't get exact measurements of the MoBo without buying it. Does anyone of you have some expereince?

I don't care if the first PCIe slot migth be blocked and I use 49 mm RAM (4 sticks).

I have that MB and I have the NH D15S, it does fit but not sure how much ram will work like that. One way is blocking slot one ram the other way might clear it.

(CPU) i9 9900K  (MB)ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I   (RAM) Royal Z Gold 2x8GB  40000DDR4 (GPU) Radeon VII  (CASE) Shift-X  (Storage)M.2 ADATA XPG8200 Pro/  (PSU)Corsair SF750 (COOLING)-H100I Pro   Folding ID Tim_Kelly

14 minutes ago, tkell said:

I have that MB and I have the NH D15S, it does fit but not sure how much ram will work like that. One way is blocking slot one ram the other way might clear it.

Do you have a picture?

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

sorry no, I just did a dry fit to look into that for you as I am not using that MB at the moment. But I am sure that would work for you if you get the the S model as it is shifted a bit for more options.

20170313_180912.jpg

Edited by tkell

(CPU) i9 9900K  (MB)ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I   (RAM) Royal Z Gold 2x8GB  40000DDR4 (GPU) Radeon VII  (CASE) Shift-X  (Storage)M.2 ADATA XPG8200 Pro/  (PSU)Corsair SF750 (COOLING)-H100I Pro   Folding ID Tim_Kelly

7 hours ago, tkell said:

20170313_180912.jpg

Great , thank you!