DJI Mavic

I'm wondering if the DJI Mavic would be worth buying or should I save up for a Phantom 4 Pro?  The video reviews by Philip Bloom on the DJI Mavic looks wonderful that I'm tempted to get a drone for filming.

I may be visiting Iceland in May-June and I want to film something like these.

A good photographer knows where to focus the lens, a bad photographer focuses on the wrong things.  A good photographer goes out to the world and tries to create something new, a lazy wannabe photographer goes to a museum to take photos of things people have photographed before. - Good Photography

-snip-

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

Just now, Pcinacan said:

I think the 4 looks a little bit better in general. the camera is ever so slightly better and you dont have to be sacred of crashing it.

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

3 minutes ago, Pcinacan said:

3 minutes ago, Pcinacan said:

-snip-

What?

I know the Phantom 4 Pro can give me better control, but the Mavic is more compact and easier to carry around.  But the footage from the 4 is also beautiful.

A good photographer knows where to focus the lens, a bad photographer focuses on the wrong things.  A good photographer goes out to the world and tries to create something new, a lazy wannabe photographer goes to a museum to take photos of things people have photographed before. - Good Photography

For you the DJI Mavic is most likely a better choice tho. It is smaller, and more portable with a still very nice camera. It also helps that it is much cheaper. dont get the 4 other than if your scared out of your mind of hitting something with the drone.  

5 hours ago, AbrahamoLincolni said:

I'm wondering if the DJI Mavic would be worth buying or should I save up for a Phantom 4 Pro?  The video reviews by Philip Bloom on the DJI Mavic looks wonderful that I'm tempted to get a drone for filming.

I may be visiting Iceland in May-June and I want to film something like these.

5 hours ago, AbrahamoLincolni said:

What?

I know the Phantom 4 Pro can give me better control, but the Mavic is more compact and easier to carry around.  But the footage from the 4 is also beautiful.

I think you should get the Mavic.  Small and portable for traveling.

Those videos by Philip Bloom look amazing.  Thanks for sharing.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

2 hours ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

I think you should get the Mavic.  Small and portable for traveling.

Those videos by Philip Bloom look amazing.  Thanks for sharing.

I think I will get the Mavic, and yeah Philip Bloom's videos are amazing.

Was in the same spot a few months ago and I bought the Mavic. I would do it again, I love the portability of the Mavic, and the few features you give up is totally worth the abiblity to have it with you at all times. It's small enough that I keep in in my EDC backpack so I have it with me all the time. On several occasions I've had some time to kill so I took the Mavic out and was able to get shots that I would not have gotten otherwise. I do a lot of video shoots where 10-20 seconds of drone footage can add a TON of production value, and the Mavic is a great way to do that. Here's some footage I got the last time I took it up on a whim to shoot some footage of a construction site at a school I work at.

On 3/14/2017 at 1:27 AM, zdog16 said:

Was in the same spot a few months ago and I bought the Mavic. I would do it again, I love the portability of the Mavic, and the few features you give up is totally worth the abiblity to have it with you at all times. It's small enough that I keep in in my EDC backpack so I have it with me all the time. On several occasions I've had some time to kill so I took the Mavic out and was able to get shots that I would not have gotten otherwise. I do a lot of video shoots where 10-20 seconds of drone footage can add a TON of production value, and the Mavic is a great way to do that. Here's some footage I got the last time I took it up on a whim to shoot some footage of a construction site at a school I work at.

I think the Mavic will be perfect for me.  Thanks for the input.