AMD Radeon drivers wont install

I have a very complicated problem. I really need help fast.

So I wanted to install new radeon 17.3.1 drivers for my hd7950. So first the old driver got uninstalled. I picked the right driver for my windows 8.1 build. I started install and when the "installing amd display driver" part came up it prompted me to confirm whether I want to install the driver or not. I clicked YES and then I get a blue screen. This happens everytime now. So I tried going back to the old drivers and the same happens. I just cannot install any drivers. Prior to install I checked device manager and the GPU does not show up in there. Everything worked fine before I uninstalled the working driver (16.32) and tried upgrading to the new one.

Then I formatted my ssd and installed windows 10 x64. Now the drivers installed on that and I could even play games, but it was unacceptably unstable. Every 20-60mins I would get blue screens and reboots again and again even just for being idle on desktop. Also, apps would crash more than often whether firefox or a video game, or VLC. I updated my bios too, but I still get the same problem. I cleaned the RAM sticks, GPU and still no good. My whole pc is fucked thanks to my wish to upgrade to new drivers which is a universal thing to do.

My parts are as follows:

Transcend 64gb ssd boot drive

1tb WDC black drive

FX8320

HD7950GPU

Mobo- Gigabyte GA970A-DS3P

Corsair vengeance 16gb 4x4

1 minute ago, G9XFTW said:

I have a very complicated problem. I really need help fast.

So I wanted to install new radeon 17.3.1 drivers for my hd7950. So first the old driver got uninstalled. I picked the right driver for my windows 8.1 build. I started install and when the "installing amd display driver" part came up it prompted me to confirm whether I want to install the driver or not. I clicked YES and then I get a blue screen. This happens everytime now. So I tried going back to the old drivers and the same happens. I just cannot install any drivers. Prior to install I checked device manager and the GPU does not show up in there. Everything worked fine before I uninstalled the working driver (16.32) and tried upgrading to the new one.

Then I formatted my ssd and installed windows 10 x64. Now the drivers installed on that and I could even play games, but it was unacceptably unstable. Every 20-60mins I would get blue screens and reboots again and again even just for being idle on desktop. Also, apps would crash more than often whether firefox or a video game, or VLC. I updated my bios too, but I still get the same problem. I cleaned the RAM sticks, GPU and still no good. My whole pc is fucked thanks to my wish to upgrade to new drivers which is a universal thing to do.

My parts are as follows:

Transcend 64gb ssd boot drive

1tb WDC black drive

FX8320

HD7950GPU

Mobo- Gigabyte GA970A-DS3P

Corsair vengeance 16gb 4x4

Have you tried uninstalling using DDU in safemode first? http://www.wagnardsoft.com/

EDIT: just realised you reinstalled the whole OS anew, so my point is mute. 

Just now, G9XFTW said:

That did not work for me. Can you please suggest something else?

Are you overclocking anything on the bios side?

I would test that GPU in another computer, if you have one. Maybe something happened in the software, which broke your GPU. Btw, did you have any kind of OC on your GPU? Is there any way to reset your GPU? (not familiar with those cards at all)

Just now, mrzoltowski said:

Are you overclocking anything on the bios side?

No. No overcloking at all on anything. I am going to try installing my OS on the HDD just to be sure it is not a disk issue.

5 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

I would test that GPU in another computer, if you have one. Maybe something happened in the software, which broke your GPU. Btw, did you have any kind of OC on your GPU? Is there any way to reset your GPU? (not familiar with those cards at all)

I dont have another pc to test it on and neither can I find one to test on that easily. Average pcs everywhere dont support a 200w card. The thing is it crashed the moment windows tries to install the hardware and your screen flashes twice or so. It crashes at that exact point. Where could the issue lie?

Out of interest, what PSU do you have? 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Out of interest, what PSU do you have? 

Corsair gs700. It got shot once, but I got a new replacement. Everything else was fine in the system. ANd I did not have my ssd back then.

Guys, I installed windows on my HDD this time and tried installing the driver and it worked fine. My SSD is the problem then I guess. Also explains the blue screens. It must be bad. How do I scan it and try fixing it before throwing it away?

Just now, G9XFTW said:

Guys, I installed windows on my HDD this time and tried installing the driver and it worked fine. My SSD is the problem then I guess. Also explains the blue screens. It must be bad. How do I scan it and try fixing it before throwing it away?

Try Crystaldiskinfo :) 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :)