I7 6800K OC problems

I'm trying to OC my I7 6800k, but I'm having some issues, I got it "stable" at 4.0Ghz using IntelBurn TestV2 and prime96 as stability test, but when i tried to run Cinebench R15 it froze once or twise everytime i ran it.
I read on some forums that this cpu should easely OC further. 

Im a doing something wrong? or dod i lose the silicone lottery?

Voltage?

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Voltage?

Stock voltage. I dident find the voltage thing in my BIOS and I'm also scared to touch it xD

Just now, GingerGoPro said:

Stock voltage. I dident find the voltage thing in my BIOS and I'm also scared to touch it xD

Then it is probably on Auto, which is BAD! Send a screenshot of HWMonitor while you are running Cinebench/Intel BurnIn test!

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

3 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Then it is probably on Auto, which is BAD! Send a screenshot of HWMonitor while you are running Cinebench/Intel BurnIn test!

Here :D 

CPU info.png

1 minute ago, GingerGoPro said:

Here :D 

Oh. It didn't automatically go to 1.4V. That's very good :D

If you want to get a higher overclock, manually set the voltage to 1.3 or 1.35V and with this voltage you will be able to get the most out of your CPU...

3 minutes ago, GingerGoPro said:

CPU info.png

It is not running at 4GHz, I just noticed that xD

Oh. It didn't automatically go to 1.4V. That's very good :D

If you want to get a higher overclock, manually set the voltage to 1.3 or 1.35V and with this voltage you will be able to get the most out of your CPU...

If i set it to 1.3 or 1.35V will it go down when im not putting load on the cup? Im fairli new to this cind of overclocking and overclocking in general.
Also what do you think i should shoot for? 4.3Ghz? I have seen a lot of people who got 4.5, but that vas at 1.48V and that is a little high i think.

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

It is not running at 4GHz, I just noticed that xD

Yeah. Im getting freezing is cinebench if i go to 3.8Ghz ;( 

If i set it to 1.3 or 1.35V will it go down when im not putting load on the cup? Im fairli new to this cind of overclocking and overclocking in general.
Also what do you think i should shoot for? 4.3Ghz? I have seen a lot of people who got 4.5, but that vas at 1.48V and that is a little high i think.

Well... Since it is Broadwell-E, I think that you should try 4.1-4.2GHz and if it passes, try 4.3GHz.

Yeah. Im getting freezing is cinebench if i go to 3.8Ghz ;( 

Broadwell-E is notorious for being a bad overclocker... If you want something that overclocks better, return the 6800K and get a 5820K instead...

Well... Since it is Broadwell-E, I think that you should try 4.1-4.2GHz and if it passes, try 4.3GHz.

Ok. I will try increasing the voltage and see if i get it stable. I will come back and inform my progress or failiure.

Ok. I will try increasing the voltage and see if i get it stable. I will come back and inform my progress or failiure.

BTW, I forgot to ask.. Which cooler are you using?

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Broadwell-E is notorious for being a bad overclocker... If you want something that overclocks better, return the 6800K and get a 5820K instead...

I don't need something that overclocks like my I5 2500k, I just need good performance :D 

20 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Im using Corsair H105 with 4 SP fans running at 1200RPM :D
Here is a photo after i increased the voltage.
Did i do i right? Dident take it higer than 1.25V in case i was adjusting the wrong thing.

CPU info 2.png

29 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

My idle temp is 18C and the higest ive seen on 100% load is 52C

18 minutes ago, GingerGoPro said:

Im using Corsair H105 with 4 SP fans running at 1200RPM :D
Here is a photo after i increased the voltage.
Did i do i right? Dident take it higer than 1.25V in case i was adjusting the wrong thing.CPU info 2.png

You're fine. (If you were shooting for 3.9GHz of course) :D

You're fine. (If you were shooting for 3.9GHz of course) :D

I'm shooting for the stars ;) 
But did i increase the right thing?

AFAIK. Yes. However, @done12many2 should be able to help you a bit more in this area :D

1 hour ago, GingerGoPro said:

To clarify, you are shooting for a high overclock?

1 hour ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

AFAIK. Yes. However, @done12many2 should be able to help you a bit more in this area :D

:D

6 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

To clarify, you are shooting for a high overclock?

:D

Im going for a OC that is stable in the long run and also with accepteble tempratures (max 80C).
I have seen some people get 4.5 Ghz, but I'm happy if I get 4.3-4.4Ghz

1 hour ago, GingerGoPro said:

Im going for a OC that is stable in the long run and also with accepteble tempratures (max 80C).
I have seen some people get 4.5 Ghz, but I'm hoping for 4.3-4.4Ghz

4.3 to 4.4 is about average for Broadwell-E.  4.5 to 4.6 is the higher end with quality chips.  Not very common, but you never know how good your chip is until you push it.

The H105 will more than likely heatsoak a bit with a 6800k during long term testing.  The water temp continues to rise slowly to a point so you'll need to what temps over time.

Package temp is the most important thing to keep an eye on with x99.  Core temps are important, but your package temp will generally be a good deal higher so keep an eye on it.

I'd recommend creating separate overclocking profiles saved in BIOS for different overclock speeds.  That allows you to switch between stock speed and any of your save OC profiles easily.  Create one that's a mild overclock and another that it a high overclock.  Run it on the mild one daily, but use the high overclock when needed such as when running benchmarks.

Oh, and give @PCGuy_5960 some thumbs up for helping you.  :D

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

4.5 to 4.6 is the higher end with quality chips.

Like yours? xD

3 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

4.3 to 4.4 is about average for Broadwell-E.  4.5 to 4.6 is the higher end with quality chips.  Not very common, but you never know how good your chip is until you push it.

The H105 will more than likely heatsoak a bit with a 6800k during long term testing.  The water temp continues to rise slowly to a point so you'll need to what temps over time.

Package temp is the most important thing to keep an eye on with x99.  Core temps are important, but your package temp will generally be a good deal higher so keep an eye on it.

I'd recommend creating separate overclocking profiles saved in BIOS for different overclock speeds.  That allows you to switch between stock speed and any of your save OC profiles easily.  Create one that's a mild overclock and another that it a high overclock.  Run it on the mild one daily, but use the high overclock when needed such as when running benchmarks.

Oh, and give @PCGuy_5960 some thumbs up for helping you.  :D

Thank you very much for the help :D @PCGuy_5960 Thank you for the awesome help too ^^ 
I will come back and inform you my sucess/failiure after some testing :D 

Thank you very much for the help :D @PCGuy_5960 Thank you for the awesome help too ^^ 

You're welcome :D