Asus UX310U Not Powering up, *deep sleep*

r1Ns3
Go to solution Solved by R3ep3r,

@r1Ns3 have you tried to remove the battery from the laptop, wait a few seconds/minutes and then try to start it up, only plugged at the electricity? (Without the battery inside it)

Hey all!

So my almost brand new ASUS laptop just suddenly decides to not boot up from sleep mode suddenly, and i have no clue why.

I can tell it's in sleep mode because the LED on the side of the laptop is flashing slowly, indicating sleep mode (I think)

I have tried holding down the power button for 1 minute, 2 minutes 5 minutes+ and yet to no avail.

All the guides I see online are idiotic and talk about opening windows power management (as if i can even turn my laptop on)

Plugging it into the power doesn't solve the issue, the power pack isn't the problem as i tested the voltage output with a multi-meter, and its steady at 19V.

If nothing solves this issue, I'll file for an RMA but I don't think ASUS will really help seeing as they are ASUS.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

@r1Ns3 have you tried to remove the battery from the laptop, wait a few seconds/minutes and then try to start it up, only plugged at the electricity? (Without the battery inside it)

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

1 minute ago, R3ep3r said:

no i haven't, but wouldn't that void the warranty?

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, r1Ns3 said:

no i haven't, but wouldn't that void the warranty?

Oh yes.. it is like 'ultra-slim' and the battery is literally inside it. I had the same issue with an older laptop and I removed the battery and then it all worked well. But it is a big difference between these two laptops. Mine has the battery outside the case. It is like a removable one.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

Just now, R3ep3r said:

Oh yes.. it is like 'ultra-slim' and the battery is literally inside it. I had the same issue with an older laptop and I removed the battery and then it all worked well. But it is a big difference between these two laptops. Mine has the battery outside the case. It is like a removable one.

yea it is ultra slim, damn that sucks.

Well, thanks for the advice. Asus support isn't available on weekends so i shall phone them on week days and ask for assistance. if all goes wrong, i shall take the battery apart. Thanks!

Spoiler

With my UX31E there was only a "void warranty" sticker on the screw of the hard drive. Not sure how its with your model.

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-