Case for my builld.

Brendan

I'm tossing up between a Corsair 600T, 650D and a NZXT Phantom Crafted Series.

Probably would consider others too but those are the easiest to get for around $150

I haven't gotten any case yet, but i have pretty much everything else.

- i7 3820

- Asrock Extreme 9

- 2x evga 680+

- 32gb Patriot Viper 3 ram

- Noctua NH-D14

- 850w seasonic 80+ psu.

I will only have 1 or 2 Hard drives and 1 SSD. I might add more in the future.

Which case would be the best? I'd like it too look nice and work together with my system.

On a side note, is the PSU good enough?

Thanks

edit1: If i were to purchase the kraken x60 in the future, which would be the preferred case?

I would go for a 600T or a HAF-XM, the power supply is sufficient, but it would of been a better idea to go with one that is 80+ Silver or higher.

650D would me my choice and yes, the psu is more then enough.

When it comes to cases its down to your personal preference. Any of those 3 cases will fit your hardware so that's not an issue. What looks the best to you? What do you want in a case?

Personally I like large windows and good cable management. 650d would be my personal choice here. No reason other than I like the aesthetics.

I would recommend the NZXT Switch 810.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I'd say the 650D. The all metal design is hard to argue with, and the quality of the thing is terrific. I was going to go with that case, but went with the 800D instead due to needing to fit a triple rad. But judging by the 800D, the 600D would be an excellent choice.

Im a huge fan of the Phantom-Series. I've got a NZXT Phantom first generation case at the moment. I really like their newest Case the Phantom 820, it just looks awesome and NZXT built in some nice features.

From your hardware choices, you seem to need plentiful of airflow to allow your dual 680 to breath, not to menton the enormous noctua NH-D14.

In fact the best air-cooling case out there is probably the fortress FT02 ($250) but it cost far over $150, nevertheless, it has supreme build quality and the 90 degrees rotated motherboard tray which will benefit to both your NH-D14 and the two blower type FTW680+ graphic cards, you will get great temps with this.

If you want to strictly follow the budget, you would consider the 600T with mesh side panel that can be mounted with fans to cool your $1000 total worth of awesomeness.

If I will not be playing around with custom water cooling or if you are planning to get one of those pre done water cooler, I will keep my case to medium size case

for mid size I'll go for something from Corsair or coolermaster. Or even Bitfenix

unless you are future proofing and if you are going to add custom radiator, get a full size tower.

I would go for an 650D, lot of space, good build quality and lots of cable management space. What I really like about the 650D is the sidepanels locks, so handy :P, but if you go to lan party's you should buy the 600T, it has a lock :)

PSU's good. I'd go with the corsair 600t. It looks good and has great cable management and cooling potential as well.

From your hardware choices' date=' you seem to need plentiful of airflow to allow your dual 680 to breath, not to menton the enormous noctua NH-D14. In fact the best air-cooling case out there is probably the fortress FT02 ($250) but it cost far over $150, nevertheless, it has supreme build quality and the 90 degrees rotated motherboard tray which will benefit to both your NH-D14 and the two blower type FTW680+ graphic cards, you will get great temps with this. If you want to strictly follow the budget, you would consider the 600T with mesh side panel that can be mounted with fans to cool your $1000 total worth of awesomeness. [/quote']

You say that i need to fit my huge NH-D14, yet the case you mentioned was a mid tower. Explain please?

From your hardware choices' date=' you seem to need plentiful of airflow to allow your dual 680 to breath, not to menton the enormous noctua NH-D14. In fact the best air-cooling case out there is probably the fortress FT02 ($250) but it cost far over $150, nevertheless, it has supreme build quality and the 90 degrees rotated motherboard tray which will benefit to both your NH-D14 and the two blower type FTW680+ graphic cards, you will get great temps with this. If you want to strictly follow the budget, you would consider the 600T with mesh side panel that can be mounted with fans to cool your $1000 total worth of awesomeness. [/quote'] You say that i need to fit my huge NH-D14, yet the case you mentioned was a mid tower. Explain please?

Mid and full towers have more to do with the height, and length of the case rather than the width, both the FT02 and the 600T have enough clearance for that cooler.

I am raising an eyebrow to the expensive air cooler; personally, I would either get a cheap one or stick with the stock one until I could afford a closed-loop for the cpu, but it's each to their own

Check out my Trading Card Inventory, I probably have that one card you need

Gaming PC  Corsair C70 Arctic White ▪ MSI Z77 MPower ▪ i7-3770k, Core 4.0 GHz ▪ Patriot IEM 4 x 4GB @ 2133MHz ▪ 2 x Palit GTX 670 Jetstreams in SLI, Core 1250 MHz, Mem 3150 MHz ▪ OS on 128GB Samsung 840 Pro ▪ Silverstone ST85F-P w/ Fancy Silverstone Cables

Server ▫ Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey ▪ Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 ▪ i5-2500 ▪ Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB @ 1600MHz ▪ Asus GTX 550ti ▪ OS on 120GB Samsung 840 ▪ 5.2TB Storage Space ▪ Antex HCG 900

From your hardware choices' date=' you seem to need plentiful of airflow to allow your dual 680 to breath, not to menton the enormous noctua NH-D14. In fact the best air-cooling case out there is probably the fortress FT02 ($250) but it cost far over $150, nevertheless, it has supreme build quality and the 90 degrees rotated motherboard tray which will benefit to both your NH-D14 and the two blower type FTW680+ graphic cards, you will get great temps with this. If you want to strictly follow the budget, you would consider the 600T with mesh side panel that can be mounted with fans to cool your $1000 total worth of awesomeness. [/quote'] You say that i need to fit my huge NH-D14, yet the case you mentioned was a mid tower. Explain please?
Mid and full towers have more to do with the height, and length of the case rather than the width, both the FT02 and the 600T have enough clearance for that cooler. I am raising an eyebrow to the expensive air cooler; personally, I would either get a cheap one or stick with the stock one until I could afford a closed-loop for the cpu, but it's each to their own

the 3820 didn't come with a stock cooler, and the kraken x60 was out of stock so i got that in the meantime.

From your hardware choices' date=' you seem to need plentiful of airflow to allow your dual 680 to breath, not to menton the enormous noctua NH-D14. In fact the best air-cooling case out there is probably the fortress FT02 ($250) but it cost far over $150, nevertheless, it has supreme build quality and the 90 degrees rotated motherboard tray which will benefit to both your NH-D14 and the two blower type FTW680+ graphic cards, you will get great temps with this. If you want to strictly follow the budget, you would consider the 600T with mesh side panel that can be mounted with fans to cool your $1000 total worth of awesomeness. [/quote']

You say that i need to fit my huge NH-D14, yet the case you mentioned was a mid tower. Explain please?

just as philpc mentioned, there is enough clearance for the cooler.

Airflow is not determined by the size of the case, in fact directed airflow effectively from fans is far more important.

Both the Ft02 and 600T are great air cooling case. FT02 has 3 180mm ap181 fans which will assist directly to the vertical postion of the NH-D14 and blown right out of the case by the the top 120mm fan. The 600t would also be available to mount side fans, not to mention the air flow (front 200mm+top 200mm) is already great out of the box.

Fractal R4. Get a 1tb 2.5in hdd and any ssd, mount those behind the mobo tray, then mount the x60 in the front of the R4. You can also fit an h100 in the front of an R4. I bet you could of gotten away with a 650 watt psu.