What do i need to upgrade on this pc to make it run csgo?

I recently bought a old second hand acer computer for 30 usd.

I am planning to upgrade this so i will be able to play games like csgo and maybe gta v if possible.

I need your help to tell me what parts i would need to upgrade if i wanted this PC to run csgo.

also if you could tell me what games this pc can run at the moment that would be great.

here are the pictures:

Capture.png

Capture1.png

4 minutes ago, willforthebest said:

I recently bought a old second hand acer computer for 30 usd.

I am planning to upgrade this so i will be able to play games like csgo and maybe gta v if possible.

I need your help to tell me what parts i would need to upgrade if i wanted this PC to run csgo.

also if you could tell me what games this pc can run at the moment that would be great.

here are the pictures:

Capture.png

Capture1.png

Maybe a little more ram, the CPU will do fine for CSGO my mate has a old Athlon and plays CSGO fine, maybe a better GPU like a 1050 for £80 (I think EVGA make one that doesn't need external power just uses the power from the PCIE slot.

I think you might be able to run CSGO right now on all low setting maybe 30-40 FPS, definitely can run CS source some indie games and stuff.  You can test games from here http://igg-games.com/ to see if it will run them, or to test before you buy.

1 minute ago, <Aleks> said:

Maybe a little more ram, the CPU will do fine for CSGO my mate has a old Athlon and plays CSGO fine, maybe a better GPU like a 1050 for £80 (I think EVGA make one that doesn't need external power just uses the power frim the PCIE slot.

The pc came has a 350w power supply will that need upgrading too?

nfs mw 2005 isn't bad at all but you'll need to pirate it

erm, you could upgrade the processor and GPU, am3 processors will work 

idk

1 minute ago, willforthebest said:

The pc came has a 350w power supply will that need upgrading too?

If you only upgrade the ram and get a PCIE powered GPU it will be Ok but i don't think it's a good PSU it might be low quality and delivery less power than actually states.

You won't be able to run csgo well using that ever, csgo is VERY heavy on cpu usage, my 6700k sometimes can't keep me at 300fps while my gpu is at 20-40% usage.

Just now, jubjub said:

You won't be able to run csgo well using that ever, csgo is VERY heavy on cpu usage, my 6700k sometimes can't keep me at 300fps while my gpu is at 20-40% usage.

Any suggestions on a cheap cpu that will get me 60fps 1080p medium settings? 

Just now, willforthebest said:

Any suggestions on a cheap cpu that will get me 60fps 1080p medium settings? 

With the motherboard nothing exists to get that performance. If you want it too run csgo at 60fps 1080p you'd need a new motherboard, i5 level cpu, decent gpu (960 would be good), a new power supply and maybe a hard drive. So essentially a new pc. CSGO is VERY demanding atm, it's very hard to run.

Just now, jubjub said:

With the motherboard nothing exists to get that performance. If you want it too run csgo at 60fps 1080p you'd need a new motherboard, i5 level cpu, decent gpu (960 would be good), a new power supply and maybe a hard drive. So essentially a new pc. CSGO is VERY demanding atm, it's very hard to run.

What do you mean "i5 level" cpu, my friend has a pentium g4560 in his build and it can run csgo 1080p high settings 100fps??

What do you mean "i5 level" cpu, my friend has a pentium g4560 in his build and it can run csgo 1080p high settings 100fps??

1st that's bs that will be max fps not min fps. Go play nuke and watch him drop to 45 fps. Second I don't recommend pentiums for gaming because of the lack of cores but the single core performance is good which is what csgo likes, but general computing prefers 4 physical cores.

Get the Intel Pentium G4560 2 cores 4 threads, best price to performance you can get, and its cheap.

i7 6800K

Corsair H110i GT

Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming

Corsair Vengeance LPX (4x4GB) 3200MHz

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Seagate Barracuda 3TB

R9 270X

NZXT H440 (Black/Red) 2015 Edition

EVGA SuperNOVA P2 850W

BenQ XL2411Z

10 minutes ago, jubjub said:

there is very decent am3 cpus, quads and even 6 cores. proper 6 cores, not fx 6 cores. 

idk

Just now, kosamchetoo said:

Get the Intel Pentium G4560 2 cores 4 threads, best price to performance you can get, and its cheap.

What is it like with general computing though? I know for me it'd shit itself trying to run csgo, chrome, steam, teamspeak, the bare minimum I use.

Just now, Droidbot said:

there is very decent am3 cpus, quads and even 6 cores. proper 6 cores, not fx 6 cores. 

No but those haven't got the single core performance csgo needs.

Just now, jubjub said:

What is it like with general computing though? I know for me it'd shit itself trying to run csgo, chrome, steam, teamspeak, the bare minimum I use.

It's a fucking i3 at pentium prices

It and a 470 4GB can run BF1 Ultra at 60fps. 

It's brilliant value. 

idk

Just now, jubjub said:

Well I know for a fact that the pentium g4560 is a very good processor and is almost of equal performance to the i3 6100

Just now, jubjub said:

No but those haven't got the single core performance csgo needs.

Still failing to realise that CSGO doesn't even take advantage of 4 cores.. on a dual core with four threads it'd be satisfied. 

idk

Just now, Droidbot said:

Still failing to realise that CSGO doesn't even take advantage of 4 cores.. on a dual core with four threads it'd be satisfied. 

No but general computing does, also the G4560 is a good cpu, but it doesn't have the cores for general computing that we do nowdays and the amd cpus don't have the single core performance that csgo needs. If he's never going to do anything but csgo then get the pentium but otherwise it's just gonna shit the bed.

1 minute ago, jubjub said:

No but general computing does, also the G4560 is a good cpu, but it doesn't have the cores for general computing that we do nowdays and the amd cpus don't have the single core performance that csgo needs. If he's never going to do anything but csgo then get the pentium but otherwise it's just gonna shit the bed.

4 threads bad for general computing?

i7 6800K

Corsair H110i GT

Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming

Corsair Vengeance LPX (4x4GB) 3200MHz

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Seagate Barracuda 3TB

R9 270X

NZXT H440 (Black/Red) 2015 Edition

EVGA SuperNOVA P2 850W

BenQ XL2411Z

Just now, kosamchetoo said:

4 threads bad for general computing?

threads != cores

When multiple threads are run (not hyper threading type threads actually process threads) the operating system can distribute that load by itself across multiple threads (hyper threading type ones) automatically, this causes lower wait times and general responsiveness. Just because a single process doesn't use all of those threads doesn't mean they're not going to be used by the operating system for other threads.

I would add in an extra 4gb of ram, a better gpu and swap out the dual core for an athlon or phenom X4 at the least. Look for a gtx 750/ti, those will run just fine on a 350w psu and will be just enough for gta5 at 1080p medium.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

OP, you can upgrade CPU to a Phenom II X4 900 series processor, it's 4 cores with 4 threads based on a pretty old core. It's pretty much on par with a dual-core with 4 threads from intel these days. single thread is mediocre

for $30-40 for the CPU it isn't the worst value ever but there is better out there

idk

Just now, Droidbot said:

OP, you can upgrade CPU to a Phenom II X4 900 series processor, it's 4 cores with 4 threads based on a pretty old core. It's pretty much on par with a dual-core with 4 threads from intel these days. single thread is mediocre

for $30-40 for the CPU it isn't the worst value ever but there is better out there

That won't run CSGO at 60fps 1080p however which is what he said. I don't think OP understands how badly CSGO runs atm.

7 minutes ago, jubjub said:

How is this true. At the moment i use some hp all in one computer from 2012, it is only duel core and i do everyday things on it such as, watch videos on YouTube in 1080p(60fps), edit videos with Sony Vegas pro 14 and render them in 1080p 60fps and i use Photoshop to edit photos and videos i take.

How is this true. At the moment i use some hp all in one computer from 2012, it is only duel core and i do everyday things on it such as, watch videos on YouTube in 1080p(60fps), edit videos with Sony Vegas pro 14 and render them in 1080p 60fps and i use Photoshop to edit photos and videos i take.

Those are all doing 1 thing at once, what if you want to listen to music while playing a game? Or to not have to close chrome whenever you want to do something? That's general computing, being able to run multiple things at once like a browser, photoshop, steam, teamspeak without having to close them.