Nvidia Shield dilema

BadBlack
Go to solution Solved by simtransporter,

Did you read the OP? Because I'm confused.

Yes, I did read it, several times actually, I'm sort of confused too.

The reason why I suggested Steam OS is because it should enable gaming streaming in a way that will not lock you into using specific nvidia products (nvidia shield and Kepler GPUs)

Hello guys, I have kind of a dilema because i really like Nvidia shield but i want to use it what it was meant for, streaming games from your PC to shield, but the problem is that i have an ATI graphics card and well it is not natively compatible, but i was thinking of changing it to a 7850 but since i am thinking of buying Nvidia shield I don´t know what to do either buy a Nvidia GPU or go for an ATI graphics card and only use the shield as an emulator platform, and since I am not Bill Gates´ son i can´t buy shield and the GPU at the same time because i also have to change my PSU,  but the thing is that I think mantel has some potential of being used in many titles and that is why I preffer an ATI GPU over an Nvidia one (not being a fanboy or anything my first GPU was a GT 220), so i was hoping you guys could help me out with this, and by the way if you could guys tell me Nvidia's 7850 equivelant would be great ;).

Honestly there is no point of a sheild if you don't have an Nvidia card

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Honestly there is no point of a sheild if you don't have an Nvidia card

yeah that is kind of my prblem, so what do you guys suggest either the PGU and PSU first or Nvidia shield first? because i think there is an app for streaming video that might work as a semi-ghetto shield

I thought the 760 was > 7870?

no... there is not "direct" competitor since its last gens card. And since they are not "technically competing" in the same arena and classes with cards its not a straight 1v1 

hey I've got a 275 whats amd's equivalent? 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

no... there is not "direct" competitor since its last gens card. And since they are not "technically competing" in the same arena and classes with cards its not a straight 1v1 

hey I've got a 275 whats amd's equivalent

1. I was not sure i just thought it had better framerates and 2. Are you not contradicting your own statement by saying that the  760= 7850? 

Do you want to stream to the Shield or the TV?

You can run HDMI and USB cords through the walls for cheaper than a Shield, PSU, and premium Nvidia GPU.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

1. I was not sure i just thought it had better framerates and 2. Are you not contradicting your own statement by saying that the  760= 7850? 

what? 

I just don't care anymore... I'm tired 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

i have a 650 ti and it streams shield great

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Because it ends up setting the game to 720p anyway,a GTX 760 is more than enough. What matters more is your internet connection in the house.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

660=7850 I know this my friend has a 7850 and I have a 660 and the 660 is better by about 10fps :)

760=7807

A 660 would be a great card if you can find a sale :)

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

This reminds me of what Linus was saying on that live stream. When AMD and Nvidia refuse to work together it just hurts the consumer. It's unfair that we are forced to either sacrifice some features and parts of a certain games experience depending on what side we join.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

660=7850 I know this my friend has a 7850 and I have a 660 and the 660 is better by about 10fps :)

760=7807

If the 660 is better by 10 FPS (about 15% at 60FPS) then wouldn't you conclude that 660 > 7850 and is not equal?

If the 660 is better by 10 FPS (about 15% at 60FPS) then wouldn't you conclude that 660 > 7850 and is not equal?

Well it comes down to the game....the 7850 is the same in bf4 but in all most every other game the 660 pulls it out but that is at a un caped fps so it is at about 120-150fps not 60fps

This is just what I have seen!!

The only reason I put that it is the same is he asked what is like a 7850 not what beats it :)

But you do have a point lol :)

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Well it comes down to the game....the 7850 is the same in bf4 but in all most every other game the 660 pulls it out but that is at a un caped fps so it is at about 120-150fps not 60fps

This is just what I have seen!!

The only reason I put that it is the same is he asked what is like a 7850 not what beats it :)

But you do have a point lol :)

Ah right well that does sound pretty close then. Thanks for clarifying. 

Ah right well that does sound pretty close then. Thanks for clarifying. 

Sorry I kinda should have posted the info first lol....

Thanks for reminding me lol

And there is even more you can get a much better OC on a 7850 but that is a story for another time lol :P

the 760 is in between a 7950 and 7970.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

the 760 is in between a 7950 and 7970.

More like7870 and 7950

Did you read the OP? Because I'm confused.

The reason why I suggested Steam OS is because it should enable gaming streaming in a way that will not lock you into using specific nvidia products (nvidia shield and Kepler GPUs)

^^This! The answer that might get lost if you do not know about this new feature.

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs

Thanks a lot guys I totaly forgot about the steam box and the steam OS and that might do the trick, thanks to everybody that spared some time to thsi thread!