Steering Wheel + Pedals (and issue)

xBlizzDevious

I've had two steering wheels since I started gaming on PC and both were Logitech. I used to have the Driving Force GT and liked it but didn't love it, then I got the G27 and I love it. I've used it for a few years now but it's starting to show its age...

The brake pedal on my G27 unit is - after being depressed and then released slowly - sticking at 0-2%. I have dismantled, cleaned and lubricated the pedals as per some guides I found after some Googling but the issue still sticks, unfortunately.

I have two solutions in my head - one costing substantially more than the other.

A - Some sort of fix, whether software or hardware - not costing too much.
B - Buy a new set of pedals, probably leading to a whole new, better, setup - expensive.

So first of all, does anyone know what I could do to fix the G27s brake pedal to stop it from sticking? As stated, I've tried cleaning it and lubricating the piston and rheostat but it hasn't helped.
I found an option (eventually) in the Logitech software to add a deadzone to the pedals but for some reason it isn't recognised in-game. I have ensured that the profile is set to be used all of the time and I've even checked that the "allow game to change settings" option is not checked. The deadzone is also not applicable to the clutch pedal - only the brake and accelerator; what?

Now on to option B.
If I replace the pedals, I'd need a 3 pedal set of at least the quality of the G27s, if not better. I've seen these and they rather decent: Thrustmaster T3PA-Pro Pedals.
Would they be a good buy and if so - would they work without a Thrustmaster wheel? I'd also need to know how it would work in-game as many games have issues with reading more than one controller at a time.
Is there some magical software solution that allows you to bind many controls from different controllers and make it all appear as a single controller - also allowing to filter and alter controls as they pass through? That would be a really helpful bit of software!

Continuation of point B:
If I were to continue upgrading my wheel setup in the future, would a Thrustmaster wheel be a good choice? What would you guys recommend and what would you suggest I avoid?
I like the interchangeable wheel options that are available on the Thrustmaster gear, but I don't want to get it if it's poor quality.

maybe ask Logitech for an RMA on the pedals? they might ship you the pedals from the G29 / G920, but those pedals are basically the same as the G27 

or you could buy a spare pedals from eBay, etc. 

a Thrustmaster setup sounds good. their wheels use belt-driven motors, so they deliver a smoother FFB. there is also Fanatec, which is near the top for sim racing hardware. but they're expensive (they ship from Germany). 

1 hour ago, Technicolors said:

maybe ask Logitech for an RMA on the pedals? they might ship you the pedals from the G29 / G920, but those pedals are basically the same as the G27 

or you could buy a spare pedals from eBay, etc. 

a Thrustmaster setup sounds good. their wheels use belt-driven motors, so they deliver a smoother FFB. there is also Fanatec, which is near the top for sim racing hardware. but they're expensive (they ship from Germany). 

I don't know what the warranty is on the G27 but I've probably exceeded it, even if it's above 1 year. Still worth a shot, I guess.

Had a look at the Fanatec site and it looks awesome but it's also kinda expensive as you said. And I'm sure the government would love throwing some import tax on all of that as well so it'd cost a fortune!

Do you know how games would handle the pedals being a separate control from the wheels?
And what about that magical software I suggested?

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/11/2017 at 2:48 AM, xBlizzDevious said:

I don't know what the warranty is on the G27 but I've probably exceeded it, even if it's above 1 year. Still worth a shot, I guess.
-snip-

Well I have to hand it to Logitech.

The G27 comes with a three year warranty. I was actually just outside the warranty but simply told them "I don't know when or where I bought it" and they gave it a free 6 months extra warranty. After investigating my case (I had to upload a short video showing the fault) they offered a free replacement G29 or G920. I chose the G29 and it arrived rather quickly.

Personally, I prefer the G27 because of where the buttons are - but the pedals on the G29 are considerably better feeling. I haven't tried yet, but I'm going to put the G27 back on with the G29 pedals and hope!

EDIT: G29 pedals work just fine on the G27.