Sound Card problem..?

AnestisManiaaa

Sooo i got my new creative sound blaster audigy rx and it seams i have a wierd problem... i try to run my 5.1 speakers but only 1 output is making any sound... even more wierd when i try to test if the speakers work for the windows (Configure speakers) it seams they have sound but when i go to play a song or see some linus tech tips at youtube they dont -_- ?? any idea.. im kinda lost...

First off, you're not going to get surround sound from music or youtube, which are both stereo only.

Getting output from only one speaker suggests that you have them hooked up wrong. Speakers need to go to specific outputs to ensure the correct channel plays over the correct speaker.

3 minutes ago, SSL said:

First off, you're not going to get surround sound from music or youtube, which are both stereo only.

Getting output from only one speaker suggests that you have them hooked up wrong. Speakers need to go to specific outputs to ensure the correct channel plays over the correct speaker.

The problem is that i think you might be wrong... since i had them playing at the start and after some min they stoped.... but im 100% sure that they can play like 5.1 speakers... 

9 minutes ago, AnestisManiaaa said:

The problem is that i think you might be wrong... since i had them playing at the start and after some min they stoped.... but im 100% sure that they can play like 5.1 speakers... 

Then maybe something is broken? Either way, you're not getting five channels out of music or youtube.

because you will drive me crazy.. its 1 5.1 sound card.. then what is it for if its just for stereo :P

1 minute ago, AnestisManiaaa said:

because you will drive me crazy.. its 1 5.1 sound card.. then what is it for if its just for stereo :P

For movies and games.

Just now, LabRat said:

I said speakers not sound card.

creative 5.1 a520

you have the sats plugged into the sub. and the sub hooked to the green on the card?............ or three wires from the sub to the back of the card..... green/black/orange..........

and you opened the control panel ( creative ) and made sure the ports are enabled?

yes everything is fine... it seams i found the root of the problem.. spdif out didn't have enabled encoded audio formats............ we are fine.. now i can play my speakers just fine thank you... have a nice day :o.. 

(Im going to cry in the corner wasted 4 hours)

20170311_031229.jpg

20170311_031223.jpg