after using DDU Geforce won't install?

SenorKiwi

Hey all,

I first tried uninstalling all geforce stuff in programs (might not be a good idea)

then someone suggested to use DDU. I did, although I now cannot install the any of the geforce drivers:

Any advice?

Oli

Does it give any other errors? Such as out of space, wrong driver, etc? 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

3 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Does it give any other errors? Such as out of space, wrong driver, etc? 

unfortunately it doesn't :(

Re-run DDU in safe mode and 'check' remove GeForce Experience in the options menu...then just download the driver from GeForce.com and install it that way..(manually) not through GFE.  DDU probably removed some GFE files and it is malfunctioning with what is left over.

Fractal Design Define C | Intel Core i7 7700k | Corsair H100i V2 | Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7 | Seasonic Prime 750 | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
16gb G.Skill Trident Z | Samsung 960 Evo NVMe 500gb | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Razer Death Adder Chroma | Razer Firefly | Dell U2515H

Just now, Ensho said:

Re-run DDU and remove GeForce Experience then just download the driver from GeForce.com and install it that way..not through GFE.  DDU probably removed some GFE files and it is malfunctioning.

alright, ill try that, thanks a lot man.

Check my edited and updated post for a little more clarification.  You're welcome.  Hopefully that does the trick.

Fractal Design Define C | Intel Core i7 7700k | Corsair H100i V2 | Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7 | Seasonic Prime 750 | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
16gb G.Skill Trident Z | Samsung 960 Evo NVMe 500gb | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Razer Death Adder Chroma | Razer Firefly | Dell U2515H

7 minutes ago, Ensho said:

Check my edited and updated post for a little more clarification.  You're welcome.  Hopefully that does the trick.

I've just reran DDU in safe mode - but do I have to re do it if you say " and 'check' remove GeForce Experience in the options menu ?"

You may not have to...I was just saying that to be extra sure all the GFE files were removed.  But if you downloaded the driver installer from geforce.com and run it, it will probably overwrite any pre-existing files anyway.

23 minutes ago, Ensho said:

You may not have to...I was just saying that to be extra sure all the GFE files were removed.  But if you downloaded the driver installer from geforce.com and run it, it will probably overwrite any pre-existing files anyway.

eh it didn't work again. Said for all "Not installed" and then for Graphics driver - "failed".

I just realised under programs one of the graphics drivers is already installed... so maybe it installed although said it failed. Either way: http://prntscr.com/eicx27

Looks like it is probably fine now