Black screen blinking underscore?

So earlier yesterday my computer randomly went into self repair and it wasnt able to so I talked to microsoft support and they talked me through making and installing a booting drive and they said that would fix it, but it didnt know when I try to boot I get a blinking underscore :/ anyone know whats wrong and how I should go about fixing? Windows 10.

Thanks for reading !

Specs? I think it's looking for something to boot from, can you enter the BIOS?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Specs? I think it's looking for something to boot from, can you enter the BIOS?

i5 2500, 120 gb ssd and 500 gb hhd. I could. tried legacy booting from each drive to the same result. 

Just now, MattLY said:

i5 2500, 120 gb ssd and 500 gb hhd. I could. tried legacy booting from each drive to the same result. 

What motherboard? Try removing RAM, although I doubt it will do anything, it might help.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

What motherboard? Try removing RAM, although I doubt it will do anything, it might help.

Random foxconn one, Im really not sure. Thats worth a shot. 

Make sure there is nothing in any of the drives (music CDs, thumb drives anything) set the BIOS so that the one and only drive in the Boot order is that which contains the Windows installation files . 

In the 'old days' when a system tried to boot if it failed it would go into the next item in the boot order but with the advent of ten (see assumptions, more rather than less info please) the system does not run through the boot order in the same way Now the Bios may think it has found a drive, if it discovers any sort of file system, and the system just waits there waiting on something happening.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"