Memory Kit for Ryzen 1700x

Hi everyone! My Ryzen Build is almost finished (still waiting on the matx motherboard to go on stock)

I have a question. I was planning on splitting my current memory kit from my main rig (4x8GB g-skill ripjaws V 3200mhz) to my ryzen build so they'll be 16GB each at 3200mhz. I'm a bit worried about stability so I was wondering if there is a specific kit that works better for ryzen. if there is can you guys tell me so I can order now. I'm looking for a 16gb kit (2 sticks) if possible at 3200mhz too (can be slower if recommended) TIA thumb.gif

You can split it just fine. Granted, it'll most likely not run at it's rated XMP (ryzen is shjt right now when it comes to RAM OCing), but you can still run it at base or try to OC it manually to as far as you can.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

3 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

You can split it just fine. Granted, it'll most likely not run at it's rated XMP (ryzen is shjt right now when it comes to RAM OCing), but you can still run it at base or try to OC it manually to as far as you can.

That's what I wanted to hear :) I only use my Computers for gaming. my main rig (i7 7700k 1080SLI etc.) has 32GB of ram and I probably barely use more than 8GB of ram and I'm fine with splitting it so I don't have to spend money buying another kit

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my matx Ryzen build :) sadly I can only get to 2400MHz on my 3200mhz Kit. hopefully it gets better with future bios updates.

25c4c252_asdasdas.jpeg