Best way of hosting your website to show friends

bWhat would be the best way to do this? ive used dropbox before but the website hosting on that died

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

How did you create it? Dreamweaver? Muse?

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

Get amazon AWS or Azure or something like that and run linux on it. You will be more proud of it if you set it up yourself.

"You think your Commodore 64 is really neato! What kind of chip you got in there a Dorito?" -Weird Al Yankovic, All about the pentiums

PC 1(Lenovo S400 laptop): 

CPU: i3-3217u

SSD: 120gb Super Cache mSATA SSD

HDD: Random seagate 5400rpm 500gb HDD

RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR3-SODIMM

PC 2(2014 Mac Mini):

CPU: i5-4260u

HDD: 5400rpm 500gb

RAM: 4gb DDR3 (soldered on :( )

17 minutes ago, JR8 said:

How did you create it? Dreamweaver? Muse?

brackets.io

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

14 minutes ago, AA-RonRosen said:

run linux on it.

Please don't.

Write in C.

1 hour ago, Dat Guy said:

Please don't.

Why don't you like linux? The windows filesystem is extremely messed up and the commands make no sense. Unix based OSes are very customizable and give you complete access to your own machine and you can do whatever you want. I seriously can't see why you wouldn't like it. I am not trying to start a fight. If you don't like linux, that's fine. I'm just wondering why.

"You think your Commodore 64 is really neato! What kind of chip you got in there a Dorito?" -Weird Al Yankovic, All about the pentiums

PC 2(2014 Mac Mini):

1 minute ago, AA-RonRosen said:

Unix based OSes are very customizable and give you complete access to your own machine 

Yup. That's why I use Unix-based OSs on my servers. Linux, however, is modeled after Minix, not based on Unix. There is not a single line of code Linux shares with a real Unix. You might see that when you see GNU userland utilities: GNU = GNU's Not Unix.

It is not Unix.

It does not even try to be Unix.

It is not based on Unix.

I prefer Unix. :) 

Write in C.

Just now, Dat Guy said:

Yup. That's why I use Unix-based OSs on my servers. Linux, however, is modeled after Minix, not based on Unix. There is not a single line of code Linux shares with a real Unix. You might see that when you see GNU userland utilities: GNU = GNU's Not Unix.

It is not Unix.

It does not even try to be Unix.

It is not based on Unix.

I prefer Unix. :) 

It's Unix like though and my definition of a unix based os is the unix file structure, unix commands, and customization options so I consider unix like oses as unix based because they are close enough for me. 

Also, GNU doesn't know anything about good software. Just look at this https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html

No good distros are on there. 

PC 2(2014 Mac Mini):

Linux does not have "the Unix commands". Name one which is fully POSIX-compliant. (Hint: there is none.) Some of them don't even have vi anymore. 

Write in C.

2 minutes ago, Dat Guy said:

Linux does not have "the Unix commands". Name one which is fully POSIX-compliant. (Hint: there is none.) Some of them don't even have vi anymore. 

I don't know much about where parts of unix came from. But Unix and Linux have a lot on the same commands (ls, chroot, sudo, etc) so I still consider it unix based but it's still Unix Like. Also, why the heck would you take out vi? It doesn't hurt to have it and this is coming from someone who uses nano because I don't want to take the time to figure out all the hotkeys for vi but I probably should.

PC 2(2014 Mac Mini):

See, that's the problem: you don't know. :) The POSIX standard defines a common interface for portable operating systems, containing commands like vi and sed, including their parameters. Ironically, it was co-founded by RMS whose GNU environment violates POSIX as of today. A couple of years ago, large Linux distributors invented the Linux Standard Base as their own semi-proprietary POSIX alternative so they could diverge from the standard without violating it. 

Gentoo replaced vi by nano because they considered vi to be not accessible enough for their users. I facepalmed hard. 

Write in C.

2 hours ago, Dat Guy said:

See, that's the problem: you don't know. :) The POSIX standard defines a common interface for portable operating systems, containing commands like vi and sed, including their parameters. Ironically, it was co-founded by RMS whose GNU environment violates POSIX as of today. A couple of years ago, large Linux distributors invented the Linux Standard Base as their own semi-proprietary POSIX alternative so they could diverge from the standard without violating it. 

Gentoo replaced vi by nano because they considered vi to be not accessible enough for their users. I facepalmed hard. 

Not accessible enough? That makes no sense. It's just as accessible as nano, just slightly more difficult to use. I'm actually going to take the time to learn vi just because I think it can be just as accessible as nano

PC 2(2014 Mac Mini):