looking for good motherboard.

4 month ago i bought gtx 660 and it didnt worked , later i found problem ,its gigabyte h61-s2-b3 , old gigabyte motherboards are trash they are not compatible with newer gpus i thied flashing bios to latest version but no luck, i decided to buy new mobo but idk which one , i will brobably buy p8h61m - le , if anybody has it would u recommend buying it ? or if it works with gtx 6 series cards ( or newer)

Any gpu should work with any board fine. The pcie slot doesn't change. Have you tried updating the bios? 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

have you tried reading post? i said i flashed it to latest version and not all mobos are compatible with all gpus thats something you hAve see by yourself to know because mobo manufacturers lie about compatibility , gigabyte is lazy and doesnt make new drivers for old mobos

4 minutes ago, giorgicrappc said:

have you tried reading post? i said i flashed it to latest version and not all mobos are compatible with all gpus thats something you hAve see by yourself to know because mobo manufacturers lie about compatibility , gigabyte is lazy and doesnt make new drivers for old mobos

As long as you slot it in the correct port it should always work, wether it's the newest high end motherboard, some old crappy dell one or in your case a gigabyte board. I suggest trying another video card or device in that same slot to see if it's dead, because my motherboard also had a failing pci express slot.

Just now, monjessenstein said:

As long as you slot it in the correct port it should always work, wether it's the newest high end motherboard, some old crappy dell one or in your case a gigabyte board. I suggest trying another video card or device in that same slot to see if it's dead, because my motherboard also had a failing pci express slot.

Also check to see if there is a dead Pci-e slot

sometimes these answers make me wanna kill my self :D old gpus work fine on my mobo. guy in tech support tested gtx 660 in similar gigabyte mobo and it didnt worked but it runs fine in asrock mobo. tech supp also told me that he had similar issues with all old gigabyte mobos

on bios updates page ,update f3 says : incrased nvidia cards compatibility , that means that mobos need updates  to recognise newer gpus