Beyerdynamic DT770 vs DT990

So I was about to buy the DT990 250 OHM model for $140 but they just sold out, there are other 990's but they are $200 versus the DT770s being about $160, is the extra money worth it to get the 990s and the open back? Would love to hear your opinions. 

9 minutes ago, SSL said:

Do you need/want isolation?

10 minutes ago, en1gMATIC said:

well it depends. do you want open back? :)

that is the thing I really don't know, I guess what I'm asking is there better sound quality with open back that would make it worth the extra money 

10 minutes ago, Pittman90 said:

that is the thing I really don't know, I guess what I'm asking is there better sound quality with open back that would make it worth the extra money 

As a a user of both in production (mainly for Talent monitoring etc) (for mixing/editing I would recommend monitors not headphones) ... I dont see much difference, In studio environment , the closed DT770 are by far better and I use them all the time.

well I personally prefer closed back, but that's just me

open back is supposed to sound more neutral cause of something or other but idk I would get the dt770s

50 minutes ago, Pittman90 said:

I asked about isolation, though. If you need to block incoming sound, obviously go with the 770. Sound quality is a whole other consideration.