Portable Hard-Drive Suitable for Travel

I am going traveling in a few months, and I was hoping to purchase two high-capacity portable hard drives for storing photographs.  I would like to have two of the same, one for everyday use, and the other for weekly back-ups.  Durability is a crucial point, as I am traveling by bicycle and this really isn't the most ideal position for a drive.  I am willing to spend up to $200CAD per drive, and the drive should be around 3-4tb.

I know this is asking a lot, but hopefully somebody has an ideal product recommendation.

I already have a few drives, but I certainly wouldn't trust them with anything critical.

sold

So you're going to use the HDD while your bike riding?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Well it's not what you want exactly but my Western Digital My Passport 2Tb USB3 external hard drive has been great. Maybe it comes in a higher capacity that would good for you? (It ran me about $90 USD)

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

Could always just go with an SSD, then you don't have to worry about dropping it or anything. It will be a bit more expensive though.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

So you're going to use the HDD while your bike riding?

Not while I am cycling, but it will be in my bags.

sold

1 hour ago, TheKDub said:

Could always just go with an SSD, then you don't have to worry about dropping it or anything. It will be a bit more expensive though.

I would love to have an SSD, but RAW files are far to large to make an SSD economical. 

Basically if I could afford high capacity SSD drives I would, but I cannot.

sold

9 hours ago, Equilibrium_FOOL said:

Not while I am cycling, but it will be in my bags.

Then it shouldn't matter, which drive you get. Unless you dropped it.  What I don't understand is, why do you need a ext hdd on the road. Your bringing your laptop too or camera can somehow directly attach to a ext hdd, that i didn't know about.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

9 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Then it shouldn't matter, which drive you get. Unless you dropped it.  What I don't understand is, why do you need a ext hdd on the road. Your bringing your laptop too or camera can somehow directly attach to a ext hdd, that i didn't know about.

I think you may misunderstand my request.  I am traveling via bicycle, with all of my gear.  I don't have a basecamp I can leave all of the non-essential gear.  If I did this would be a non-issue.  

The drive will not be connecting to my camera, for as far as I know such device doesn't exist.  The drive will be connecting to my notebook when needed, and when not in use it will sit in a bag.  

sold

9 minutes ago, Equilibrium_FOOL said:

I think you may misunderstand my request.  I am traveling via bicycle, with all of my gear.  I don't have a basecamp I can leave all of the non-essential gear.  If I did this would be a non-issue.  

The drive will not be connecting to my camera, for as far as I know such device doesn't exist.  The drive will be connecting to my notebook when needed, and when not in use it will sit in a bag.  

I understand your request very well. I'm just thinking in a logical way that would make sense. As for 4tb external, as ling your careful with it, it does not matter. There are rugged external hdd by lacie if your interested.

https://m.newegg.com/product/index?itemnumber=9SIA25V4Y13821

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

Some drives, though they may look the same externally, have very different durability levels.  Slight bump to one, nothing happens.  Slight bump to other, data loss/drive failure.

sold

Just now, Equilibrium_FOOL said:

Some drives, though they may look the same externally, have very different durability levels.  Slight bump to one, nothing happens.  Slight bump to other, data loss/drive failure.

Then ssd will be your best option. Then again you did mention it's out of your price range. 

Only hdd makers out there now are wd and seagate. 

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

4 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Then ssd will be your best option. Then again you did mention it's out of your price range. 

Only hdd makers out there now are wd and seagate. 

I've read that Toshiba is a good provider as well.  HGST technically has the best failure rate, although I don't believe that they make any portable drives.

sold