NVidia 1080Ti

Im buying one :) However i still use GTX 670 SLI. Man they are getting old lol

I like FTW Ti's but willing to wait on Vaga to see if things will improve price wise.

(CPU) i9 9900K  (MB)ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I   (RAM) Royal Z Gold 2x8GB  40000DDR4 (GPU) Radeon VII  (CASE) Shift-X  (Storage)M.2 ADATA XPG8200 Pro/  (PSU)Corsair SF750 (COOLING)-H100I Pro   Folding ID Tim_Kelly

6 minutes ago, IceCold008 said:

Im buying one :) However i still use GTX 670 SLI. Man they are getting old lol

Should wait for Vega, nVidia wouldn't have made the 1080ti actually so slightly faster than the Titan X for the first time and for so much cheaper if it wasn't afraid of AMD right now in my opinion.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

6 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Should wait for Vega, nVidia wouldn't have made the 1080ti actually so slightly faster than the Titan X for the first time and for so much cheaper if it wasn't afraid of AMD right now in my opinion.

Well tbh i am waiting for the real benchmarks for the 1080ti to see if Nvidia was telling the a lie or not about it being faster than a Pascal Titan X. 

When will Vega be released?. If its soon i might wait to see benchmarks of that as well before i make my mind up. However if its months or years lol. I cant wait any longer. Ive waited nearly 3 years to play all the lastest AAA games its driving me CRAZY lol.

3 minutes ago, IceCold008 said:

Well tbh i am waiting for the real benchmarks for the 1080ti to see if Nvidia was telling the a lie or not about it being faster than a Pascal Titan X. 

When will Vega be released?. If its soon i might wait to see benchmarks of that as well before i make my mind up. However if its months or years lol. I cant wait any longer. Ive waited nearly 3 years to play all the lastest AAA games its driving me CRAZY lol.

Wait!

You have a backlog of THREE years on AAA games?

Man, once you start playing them, we are not going to hear from you for a couple of years.

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."

57 minutes ago, gcubed said:

Wait!

You have a backlog of THREE years on AAA games?

Man, once you start playing them, we are not going to hear from you for a couple of years.

More like 5 years worth of AAA games everything from RPG, Shooters, Adventures you name it lol. Been holding off playing them until i got at least over 80fps Max settings on EVERY title. Hopeing the GTX 1080TI will deliver on that lol.

2 hours ago, stratege1401 said:

Purchase over a 1080 ... NO. This is a cash grab of course.

Even over 970-980 ... 

Unless you are interested in 4K HDR Monitors over DisplayPort which I believe only the 1000 series supports. I believe the 900 series only supports it over HDMI?

14 minutes ago, IceCold008 said:

More like 5 years worth of AAA games everything from RPG, Shooters, Adventures you name it lol. Been holding off playing them until i got at least over 80fps Max settings on EVERY title. Hopeing the GTX 1080TI will deliver on that lol.

Well I guess we will find out later this week when NVidia's "Cone of Silence" is lifted and benchmarks are released.

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."

9 minutes ago, brokenblade30 said:

Unless you are interested in 4K HDR Monitors over DisplayPort which I believe only the 1000 series supports. I believe the 900 series only supports it over HDMI?

Right !!!

Simple rules:

- If it works, dont update it.

- You don't know how, just do it, you will learn.

- Test, restest, test again, and maybe it will do it.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/sigs/sigimage.php?u=919931

2 hours ago, Jv2391 said:

What is everyone's opinion on the 1080 Ti? Think it will be worth the purchase over the 1080 series? Or is this a cash grab?

Whether it's a better buy than the 1080 depends on your particular needs. I don't really see how it might be a cash grab: it's just a release of a new GPU.