Celeron Gaming?

If you are a budget gamer, would you accept a Celeron? (it does decently when paired with a GTX 1050 level GPU)  

19 members have voted

1. 1. If you are a budget gamer, would you accept a Celeron? (it does decently when paired with a GTX 1050 level GPU)

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

spend some xtra bucks on a better cpu. take the money out of the budget of a case. i rather have a i5 in a cardboard box then game on a celeron.

1 minute ago, Pandalf said:

No, Pentium G4560 as a minimum.

yes in deed. however. a g4400 is still decent. and with the pricetag of 50 bucks, allmost everyone can afford that.

Have you guys actually seen the actual framerates and benchmarks? Or are you just talking opinions?

2 minutes ago, Gonkee said:

Have you guys actually seen the actual framerates and benchmarks? Or are you just talking opinions?

3 minutes ago, JPotze said:

yes in deed. however. a g4400 is still decent. and with the pricetag of 50 bucks, allmost everyone can afford that.

The fact that the G4560 is not that much more expensive combined with the fact that is has hyperthreading makes it a much more desirable option over any Celeron. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

What framerates have you seen, averages? 99th percentile frameratres and frametimes are surely horrible on a Celeron, regardless of the GPU. 

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

The Celeron line is simply too much of a bottleneck, and when you can get a more powerful Pentium for the same price, there isn't any question. A Celeron is just a bad decision. 

I think it's funny that you stuffed your opinion into the question. 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

As far as I know, most celerons are dual cores and NONE feature hyperthreading. This causes a massive bottleneck, and I would agree with the other replies and either go with something like a g4560 and rather cheap out on a case or save up some more. 

Main

CPU: i7 4790 Ram: HyperX Savage 24GB DDR3 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 960 MOBO: Asus B85 Pro Gamer SSDs: HyperX Fury 120gb, Corsair Force LX 128gb HDDs: Seagate SSHD 1tb + 1tb seagate HDD CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Pure Rock PSU: Corsair RM650x Case: Fractal Design Define C window Case fans: 2x Corsair AF140 Quiet Ed. 140mm intake, 1x Corsair AF120 Quiet Ed. 120mm exhaust

Peripherals

Monitors: 2x Asus VN247H Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headset: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Mousepad: Steelseries QcK, Corsair MM300 XXL Cables: Corsair Premium Pro Red Sleeved Lighting: Corsair Node Pro

Laptops

HP Probook G4 440

CPU: Core i3 7100u Ram: 8gb DDR4 SSD: 256gb Sandisk X4 Pro Screen: 13.3" TN 

Asus E403SA

CPU: Pentium N3700 Quad Core Ram: 4gb DDR3 SSD: 128gb eMMC Screen: 14" 1080p TN

Phone:

Samsung Galaxy S8

PSU Tier List Updated    Personal Steam Account   

if u want a low budget cpu..get the g4560. anything lower than that is not recommended. u can buy the celeron..afterall ur money...but no one is going to recommend it over g4560.

Pentium at the very very least. 

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

Come on guys, I'm not trying to compare it to a pentium. I'm just asking for your opinions on the Celeron. I know it's bad, but it CAN game.

1 minute ago, Gonkee said:

Come on guys, I'm not trying to compare it to a pentium. I'm just asking for your opinions on the Celeron. I know it's bad, but it CAN game.

Maybe it can, but it's not worth it, when you can buy a Pentium for just some bucks more...

Main PC: R7 3700X / Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi / Radeon RX 5700 XT / 32GB DDR4-3200 / 250GB & 2TB Crucial MX500 (in HP Prodesk 400 Case)

Laptop: R5 2500U / Radeon Vega 8 / 8GB DDR4-2400 / 500GB SK Hynix BC501 (HP Envy x360 13)

My little Server: i7-7700 / Asrock H110M-ITX / 24GB DDR4-2400 / Samsung 860 Pro 250GB & Seagate Firecuda 2TB / VMware ESXi 6.7

(Don't tell me i should Name them, i don't want to ^^)

Check this - Crysis 3 30 FPS

all depends on what you got and what ya need to buy

what is your budget and what do ya got?

1 minute ago, Gonkee said:

Check this - Crysis 3 30 FPS

Okay, I don't actually know if Crysis is CPU intensive

Just now, Gonkee said:

Okay, I don't actually know if Crysis is CPU intensive

You're asking if the Celeron is good, and everyone is saying otherwise, yet you're pushing the idea that it's fine. 

-Thread moved to CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

You're asking if the Celeron is good, and everyone is saying otherwise, yet you're pushing the idea that it's fine. 

-Thread moved to CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory. 

No, in fact, I know the celeron is bad. I'm actually researching on the budgets and standards of everyone else

G4560 is the minimum that I recommend.

Okay I changed the question 

If you can get the Celeron for free then use it, if you are buying then go Pentium with a B board.