Trying to install a new OS but running into some trouble

Assassin27

So my grandfather had started running into some problems with his computer so i took it back to my place to fix it (by fix it i mean formatting the hdd and putting a new OS). I went to go install windows 10, everything went well and when the computer restarted, it gave me an error saying it could not continue to install. i kept retrying but no luck. before all this, i put the hdd onto my computer and reformatted it, and there was something about me having to convert to gpt. could this be a contributing factor to my problem? 

Yeah, when i tried to install WIn 10 on my uncles desktop, which wasn't even that old, (i3 4150, Some Asus motherboard and 4GB ram). As soon as it booted, it just crashed and told be that your hardware does not meet windows 10's hardware requirements. I had to go back to windows 7. 

You may have the same issue, the hardware may not be compatible. 

7 minutes ago, JohnnyCorporalTech said:

Yeah, when i tried to install WIn 10 on my uncles desktop, which wasn't even that old, (i3 4150, Some Asus motherboard and 4GB ram). As soon as it booted, it just crashed and told be that your hardware does not meet windows 10's hardware requirements. I had to go back to windows 7. 

You may have the same issue, the hardware may not be compatible. 

Assassin27 said it gave an error saying it required a gpt partition so it's most likely a partition table issue.

Also I've installed windows 10 on my relatively old   TOSHIBA SATELLITE C855D which run on a piece of utter crap known as the amd E-300.

1.3 ghz, dual core, and over 6 years old.

16 minutes ago, boltoflightning said:

Maybe the hardware cannot handle the newer OS? Is the processor a 32 bit processor, however you installed 64 bit Windows on it?

Just so you know you won't even be able to boot a 64 bit bootable drive if your cpu is 32bit. Tried before and know from experience, at most you'll just get an error message and crash.

the processor on this computer is an amd a6 5200. its integrated into the mobo. so im guessing it will most likely be a 32 bit. i guess i will have to stick with windows 8.1 that it came with. lool i tried connecting my ssd from my rig to the computer, didnt work so i put it back in my rig aaaaaaaaand it doesnt work :(

Update: so i got a bootable windows 8.1 on a usb. now whenever i try to go to the boot menu, it wont show up but if i go into the bios, it will show my USB. anybody know what i can do at this point?

Just now, bcguru9384 said:

is there a windows sticker on pc anywhere?

i would build from there up

kind of vague, but this was a prebuilt machine. it came with windows 8.1 so the computer was running into some trouble. i decided that i would update it using the windows 10 provided from my college. everything went haywire and now im trying to go back to windows 8.1 (also provided by my college) but now the computer isnt detecting it

13 minutes ago, bcguru9384 said:

prebuilt like in hp dell etc

or

by pc type shop

HP

should be a windows sticker on it that give OSversion and key

if that is missing on rear or front should be model number

use that to see if hp has recovery disks available

chances are your school versions of windows are a custom edition that may require special way install

ask your school system admin about this

i used to know pxe address to use to install win xp but keywords is used to lol

maybe do websearch pxe install windows

Dude did you even try? A quick google search will tell you your CPU is 64bit and you can format gpt through the bootable cmd, that's on the USB!!!! Just look up how to format gpt with diskpart or how to format gpt with windows 10 bootable USB.