Power cut, my PC is most probably damaged.

Rob.S

I had a powercut while playing CS:GO.

Then it lagged a bit then all the lights and my PC went out.

It comes back later, so I boot my PC. Then it goes again.

Skip to when I am in Windows, and CS:GO suddenly takes 1 min to get to the homescreen, and works incredibly slow. All the stuff you see happen in the console, it's really slow. Usually took 10 seconds to get to homescreen.

Kingston HyperX SSD 480GB

I have scheduled a chkdsk for startup...

If my SSD damaged? I also used the "Check for errors" from the Tools Tab in Hard Drive properties (for both of my hard drives), no errors found.

I've only seen this happen for [CS:CO Installer](https://github.com/TheDoctor0/CSCOInstaller/releases/tag/1.43) as well.

Most other apps seem fine. 

EDIT: FULL SPECS

CPU = i7 5820K @ 3.3GHz, Stock

GPU = 980Ti SLI

PSU = Corsair RM1000 (1000W, 80+ Gold)

Motherboard = Asus X99A

CPU Cooler = Corsair H100i

SSD = Kingston HyperX 480GB, CS:GO and Steam Installed here

HDD = Generic Toshiba Hard Drive, 2TB, 7200RPM, sometimes loud, mostly normal noise and normal speeds

FAQ

1. Is the 'homescreen' th steam homescreen? 

2. You should check your SDD for any errors or bad 'sectors' (don't really know if they call them that on an SDD)

3. Is all of your RAM and the like registering in BIOS and Windows?

4. Is your PC making some kind of beeping noise when it is turned on?

5. Is your PC making any weird noise that you didn't hear before?

6. Is it only CS: GO or are any other programs or tasks affected? If it's only CS: GO, it is possible that some files have been corrupted, and when going to the 'homescreen' it just tries to open them again and again, until it times out and eventually gives you what it has. Has any sound or visual effects dissapeared from the 'homescreen'?

Answer:

1. CSGO Home screen / Main menu

2. How

3. Will check

4. Only the normal single beep that the self check is successful, is normal.

5. No, haven't had enough time to judge but is fine

6. Most likely corrupted files, was playing the game when the power went off. **But I answered that on my post!** I can't tell if it is trying to open them again and again, but it just does what it usually does, but extreme slowly. Anyway I'll just re install it, hopefully it didn't nuke my other games.

ALL ABOVE PASTED FROM REDDIT.

> How can I recover from this and find out which files were corrupted or lost

All help is very much appreciated 

Excuse the terrible formatting.

EDIT: Corruption confirmed. There's no way CSGO isn't corrupted. Now just need help to recover from this

If you feel there is something wrong with you counter strike alone then just full delete it through steam and reinstall it ?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Just now, Princess Cadence said:

If you feel there is something wrong with you counter strike alone then just full delete it through steam and reinstall it ?

Yes but the fear is other things may be corrupted, how do I check if they are, how do I check for damage to the whole hard drive, how do I check what has been corrupted and I didn't only have one app open, and some other things have been corrupted that were used at the time!!! There's must be more! My PC is in a mess dude and I need to find out what is corrupted! Will I just live with corrupted files and apps all the time? Opening every single app would take years!!! HELP

14 minutes ago, Rob.S said:

Yes but the fear is other things may be corrupted, how do I check if they are, how do I check for damage to the whole hard drive, how do I check what has been corrupted and I didn't only have one app open, and some other things have been corrupted that were used at the time!!! There's must be more! My PC is in a mess dude and I need to find out what is corrupted! Will I just live with corrupted files and apps all the time? Opening every single app would take years!!! HELP

If it's your files that are corrupted i suggest resseting whole pc. 

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB

Full List : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sPgN8d

29 minutes ago, Rob.S said:

I had a powercut while playing CS:GO.

Then it lagged a bit then all the lights and my PC went out.

It comes back later, so I boot my PC. Then it goes again.

Skip to when I am in Windows, and CS:GO suddenly takes 1 min to get to the homescreen, and works incredibly slow. All the stuff you see happen in the console, it's really slow. Usually took 10 seconds to get to homescreen.

Kingston HyperX SSD 480GB

I have scheduled a chkdsk for startup...

If my SSD damaged? I also used the "Check for errors" from the Tools Tab in Hard Drive properties (for both of my hard drives), no errors found.

I've only seen this happen for [CS:CO Installer](https://github.com/TheDoctor0/CSCOInstaller/releases/tag/1.43) as well.

Most other apps seem fine. 

EDIT: FULL SPECS

CPU = i7 5820K @ 3.3GHz, Stock

GPU = 980Ti SLI

PSU = Corsair RM1000 (1000W, 80+ Gold)

Motherboard = Asus X99A

CPU Cooler = Corsair H100i

SSD = Kingston HyperX 480GB, CS:GO and Steam Installed here

HDD = Generic Toshiba Hard Drive, 2TB, 7200RPM, sometimes loud, mostly normal noise and normal speeds

FAQ

1. Is the 'homescreen' th steam homescreen? 

2. You should check your SDD for any errors or bad 'sectors' (don't really know if they call them that on an SDD)

3. Is all of your RAM and the like registering in BIOS and Windows?

4. Is your PC making some kind of beeping noise when it is turned on?

5. Is your PC making any weird noise that you didn't hear before?

6. Is it only CS: GO or are any other programs or tasks affected? If it's only CS: GO, it is possible that some files have been corrupted, and when going to the 'homescreen' it just tries to open them again and again, until it times out and eventually gives you what it has. Has any sound or visual effects dissapeared from the 'homescreen'?

Answer:

1. CSGO Home screen / Main menu

2. How

3. Will check

4. Only the normal single beep that the self check is successful, is normal.

5. No, haven't had enough time to judge but is fine

6. Most likely corrupted files, was playing the game when the power went off. **But I answered that on my post!** I can't tell if it is trying to open them again and again, but it just does what it usually does, but extreme slowly. Anyway I'll just re install it, hopefully it didn't nuke my other games.

ALL ABOVE PASTED FROM REDDIT.

> How can I recover from this and find out which files were corrupted or lost

All help is very much appreciated 

Excuse the terrible formatting.

EDIT: Corruption confirmed. There's no way CSGO isn't corrupted. Now just need help to recover from this

Sue your power company for a new pc;)

8 hours ago, xDylanio said:

Shit. FML I did not fucking need this shit. Thanks for the reply though. Jesus Christ just started a hobby on it. FUUUUUUUUUCK

17 hours ago, xDylanio said:

How can I find out what is corrupted and what isn't.

Use crystal disk info SMART tool to check for anything wrong with your drives.

53 minutes ago, Rob.S said:

How can I find out what is corrupted and what isn't.

Download a program, like what ninjake said. But i suggest just reset the pc

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB

Full List : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sPgN8d