Best 1440p monitor under $450 USD Or 600 CAD

So I want to get a 1440p monitor for my 1070. I thought of getting the HP Omen 32 monitor but its only 75hz and im not sure if thats good enough. Are there any good monitors above 85hz that is bigger than 26 inches? I dont like monitors with red everywhere btw as its a black and white themed setup. I live in canada so sometimes i cant get certain things.

Do you have an AMD GPU or NVidia?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

1 minute ago, That Random Spork said:

nvidia

Ah ok. so freesync isn't relevant.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

I have the HP Omen 32. It's a great monitor, but it only does 60hz with an Nvidia GPU, without any frame-skipping. To make use of the 75hz without frame-skipping, you'll need to have an AMD GPU.

I've read that other 75hz FreeSync monitors are like that with Nvidia GPUs, as well.

I'm going to sell my GTX 1070 and get something from Vega, if Vega offers good enough performance.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

I know you're looking for a higher refresh rate monitor. I have an ASUS PB278Q and it's 60Hz but the quality of the panel is awesome. 

There is the ASUS PB278QR 165Hz G-Sync monitor but it's like $650. Maybe a used one? I've never been interested in too cheap of a monitor because of the chance of dead pixels and some monitor companies have terrible policies. 

5 minutes ago, GreenToxon said:

I know you're looking for a higher refresh rate monitor. I have an ASUS PB278Q and it's 60Hz but the quality of the panel is awesome. 

There is the ASUS PB278QR 165Hz G-Sync monitor but it's like $650. Maybe a used one? I've never been interested in too cheap of a monitor because of the chance of dead pixels and some monitor companies have terrible policies. 

What Im unsure about 60hz monitors is screen tearing and making game play worse and look worse.

That's a fair point, I've never had any issues with screen tearing but you might want to look for a monitor with G-Sync so you can totally avoid it. 

The Dell 2716dg will go on sale from time to time at $450 and lower if it is open box at best buy.  It is gsync,  144hz, 1ms,  1440p,  27" and looks professional not like the stupid gaming monitors.  I had one and the colors were on point.  Viewing angles are good but it is a TN panel so not as good as ips.  But you don't have to worry about ips backlight bleed so blacks were amazing and it comes with a awesome warranty from Dell.