Dual screen

SanderGott
Go to solution Solved by SanderGott,
1 minute ago, bob51zhang said:

Different colour should not damage your eyes. You just have to think about how you look at multicolored things all day, yet they don't damage your eyes (much).

This article (http://time.com/4171966/digital-device-eye-strain-screens/) is the closest credible thing I've found about Dual Screens damaging your eyes. Their verdict? It's basically just more eye strain (that you would've gotten if you looked at one screen for the same amount of time).

Thanks for the answer. I'm glad I don't have to buy two new monitors :)

I currently have a Phillips 244E monitor and I'm going to buy a new monitor for gaming, but can I still use my old one on the side. I have heard that if you use two different monitors you get a different kind of color and that it can damage your eyes. So does anyone know if this is true or not?

8 minutes ago, SanderGott said:

I currently have a Phillips 244E monitor and I'm going to buy a new monitor for gaming, but can I still use my old one on the side. I have heard that if you use two different monitors you get a different kind of color and that it can damage your eyes. So does anyone know if this is true or not?

Different colour should not damage your eyes. You just have to think about how you look at multicolored things all day, yet they don't damage your eyes (much).

This article (http://time.com/4171966/digital-device-eye-strain-screens/) is the closest credible thing I've found about Dual Screens damaging your eyes. Their verdict? It's basically just more eye strain (that you would've gotten if you looked at one screen for the same amount of time).

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

1 minute ago, bob51zhang said:

Thanks for the answer. I'm glad I don't have to buy two new monitors :)

I call bullshit. Only time when some harm might come is when you are using them with too much brightness. Usually people find problem with resolutions being different. But that might not be issue for you. I have two screens with really different brightness and contrast settings, colors are tones as close as I can. Only issue I had when I changed to current 2nd screen was the difference between its contrast compared to previous.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Where did you hear that? I've never heard that BS before. But yeah, I know this has been answered already, but yeah, you'll definitely be fine.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer