NZXT CAM issues with HUE+ Win10

I just bought myself a set of AER RGB fans, a HUE+, Grid+ and Kraken x62. I have all of the fans linked together and connected to the HUE+ to sync the LEDs. The fan headers on the radiator fans are connected to the Kraken, the other 3 fans I have are connected to the Grid+. The fans all spin, and when I turn on my computer (before it gets to the desktop and CAM starts up) all of the LEDs on the fans and the pump light up white. Once CAM starts however, the fans switch over to one of the profiles, and the final fan in the set stops working--the LEDs turn off that is, it still spins. As the lighting profile cycles through, the fan does occasionally flicker in one or two corners to the proper colour, but it isn't working as it should be. 

Has anyone had similar issues? Or do you know what might be causing it? I thought maybe it was a pinched wire, but then why would the fan work fine before CAM starts? This must be an issue with the software, right? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Annnnd literally just now the fan started working... Previously, the 5 fans were listed in CAM, with the 5th being grayed out. Now it is coloured in like the rest of them, so it is detected, I guess? The CAM software keeps crashing on me and I'm not sure why it is so unstable. Has anyone had issues with CAM?