Calling all Ryzen Owners

13 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Very nice :D  Too nice in fact... those sound suspiciously good... impossibly good...

It does seem rather low, after an overclock it brought it up to ~70°C at the high end when benching.

13 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Hopefully games can get retested and show the results people were hoping for originally

I would like to see how games improve having that jump in single threaded perf, whether that brings the FPS closer to kaby or even possibly further. I'll be playing with it to see.

Just now, xVIP said:

It does seem rather low, after an overclock it brought it up to ~70°C at the high end when benching.

I would like to see how games improve having that jump in single threaded perf, whether that brings the FPS closer to kaby or even possibly further. I'll be playing with it to see.

There's also this to consider though:

Seems the 1800X (and other "octa-cores") are actually more like two quad cores glued together on the same chip.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

There's also this to consider though:

Seems the 1800X (and other "octa-cores") are actually more like two quad cores glued together on the same chip.

Further explains AMD's emphasis on working with devs to optimise. I wonder if each of the CCX modules temps were summed in earlier bios revisions, which gave the 50°C+.

27 minutes ago, xVIP said:

Further explains AMD's emphasis on working with devs to optimise. I wonder if each of the CCX modules temps were summed in earlier bios revisions, which gave the 50°C+.

That would be pretty funny xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.