Aaaaand.... SOLD!

not even 5 minutes after the 1080 ti announcement, I have already listed my 1080 on craigslist.

I can help with programming and hardware.

<Script>alert("This website is vulnerable to XSS");</Script>

The 1080 is still fine. It will play most games at 4k on ultra easily. Save your money. Or keep your 1080 around for a bit in case your 1080ti is defective because if you have to RMA it, you have nothing to game on in the meantime. At least not with an enjoyable experience.

"You think your Commodore 64 is really neato! What kind of chip you got in there a Dorito?" -Weird Al Yankovic, All about the pentiums

PC 1(Lenovo S400 laptop): 

CPU: i3-3217u

SSD: 120gb Super Cache mSATA SSD

HDD: Random seagate 5400rpm 500gb HDD

RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR3-SODIMM

PC 2(2014 Mac Mini):

CPU: i5-4260u

HDD: 5400rpm 500gb

RAM: 4gb DDR3 (soldered on :( )

Just now, AA-RonRosen said:

The 1080 is still fine. It will play most games at 4k on ultra easily. Save your money. Or keep your 1080 around for a bit in case your 1080ti is defective because if you have to RMA it, you have nothing to game on in the meantime. At least not with an enjoyable experience.

you are being too reasonable for how disruptive dat performance is.  And while you are correct, if I can get the upgrade for 99$ (selling 1080 for 600) then that is well worth the wait IMO.

1 minute ago, littlepigboy5 said:

you are being too reasonable for how disruptive dat performance is.  And while you are correct, if I can get the upgrade for 99$ (selling 1080 for 600) then that is well worth the wait IMO.

Um the 1080 is not 499 msrp...

If you actually sell that 1080 for 600 that would be very impressive. I don't agree with having a 1080 (or ti) on a 1080p monitor but if you can upgrade to the ti for $100 than that's definitely worth it. 

I don't think that you can get $600 for it. $550 maybe if someone's really nice but most new 1080s are for that price and you're selling it used.

"You think your Commodore 64 is really neato! What kind of chip you got in there a Dorito?" -Weird Al Yankovic, All about the pentiums

PC 1(Lenovo S400 laptop): 

CPU: i3-3217u

SSD: 120gb Super Cache mSATA SSD

HDD: Random seagate 5400rpm 500gb HDD

RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR3-SODIMM

PC 2(2014 Mac Mini):

CPU: i5-4260u

HDD: 5400rpm 500gb

RAM: 4gb DDR3 (soldered on :( )

16 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

It is now. Nvidia dropped the price to just that.

Ultrima Z238EC: Ryzen 7 3800X @ stock, Enermax AquaFusion AIO w/ 2 be quiet! Silent Wings 3 fans, ASRock Taichi X570, Zotac Geforce GTX 1070 AMP!, 2x8GB TeamGroup Dark Pro 3200MHz, Lian Li Lancool II Case

17 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

i know, it's 699.  If i sell my 1080 for 600 then the upgrade is only 99.

1 minute ago, Neverender said:

Woops meant now. But i dont think someone will be willing to pay 600 for it knowing its 499 now.

13 minutes ago, rrubberr said:

I dunno, that 1080 is crusing along compared to my old stuffers.

But honestly, I would be pisssssssed if I had bought a 1080, seen it get promptly marked down, then watched it get stomped by a new card in the virtually same price range.

That's exactly how i feel. At least now i know in the future what NOT to do. Never buy something that ends with 80. It's kinda bullshit how they purposely release the 1080ti just a few months after the 1080 releases. And i'm surprised people don't find that annoying. I can't even understand how people that know about this industry recommend cards like 980 and 1080 when they very well know that a better option is on it's way. 

It's not like the 1080 is suddenly a bad card, it is definitively a beast, but it hurts to know i could have had a better card for the same price.

1 minute ago, Neverender said:

joke right?

i know, it's 699.  If i sell my 1080 for 600 then the upgrade is only 99.

But if they can buy it for 499 paying 600 for a used card is not something a  someone person would do. Unless you somehow get a very uninformed person willing to buy your card

2 minutes ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

It's 549$.

The gtx 1080 stock?

2 minutes ago, littlepigboy5 said:

joke right?

2 minutes ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

It's 549$.

It was announced on the stream. Couple of sources as well:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/nvidia-gdc-2017-gtx-1080-ti/

https://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/GDC-NVIDIA-Announces-GTX-1080-Price-Drop-499

Ultrima Z238EC: Ryzen 7 3800X @ stock, Enermax AquaFusion AIO w/ 2 be quiet! Silent Wings 3 fans, ASRock Taichi X570, Zotac Geforce GTX 1070 AMP!, 2x8GB TeamGroup Dark Pro 3200MHz, Lian Li Lancool II Case

9 minutes ago, littlepigboy5 said:

The gtx 1080 stock?

GGWP, looks like you'll have to "settle" with your 1080 if you don't want to loose money. Just wait for Volta, it will probably be announced this year. That way you can brag about it with 1080ti owners :v

35 minutes ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

That's exactly how i feel. At least now i know in the future what NOT to do. Never buy something that ends with 80. It's kinda bullshit how they purposely release the 1080ti just a few months after the 1080 releases. And i'm surprised people don't find that annoying. I can't even understand how people that know about this industry recommend cards like 980 and 1080 when they very well know that a better option is on it's way. 

It's not like the 1080 is suddenly a bad card, it is definitively a beast, but it hurts to know i could have had a better card for the same price.

Lol what? This is technology. Nvidia is a business and their goal is to make money. 

Few months? 1080 was launched beginning of may last year. 9 months ago. 

Every Ti release has happened the same way. You are naive if you were surprised by this. 

7 hours ago, beavo451 said:

Lol what? This is technology. Nvidia is a business and their goal is to make money. 

Few months? 1080 was launched beginning of may last year. 9 months ago. 

Every Ti release has happened the same way. You are naive if you were surprised by this. 

So screw everyone who is new to this industry. Yeah you're not really getting the point.

1 hour ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

So screw everyone who is new to this industry. Yeah you're not really getting the point.

Obviously not. What is your point?  You must get mad at Apple when you buy an iPhone in August and a new one is launched in September. Or a retailer puts the widget that you just bought on sale the day after the end of the return period. 

Gues it's almost time to buy another 1080 and hopefully I can get some good frametime or atleast turn my settings up on my 1080p rig. 

I assume the pcb changed enoughed to warrant a new ek block. So I'll prolly pass on the ti. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

4 hours ago, beavo451 said:

Obviously not. What is your point?  You must get mad at Apple when you buy an iPhone in August and a new one is launched in September. Or a retailer puts the widget that you just bought on sale the day after the end of the return period. 

I'm not mad, my point is that you can't call people "naive" because they didn't expect a Ti coming out. Some people are new to this. And is there something wrong with feeling a little bit annoyed when a company releases a card better than yours for the same price? 

I didn't realize they released the 1080ti till a little while ago. Just sent my Asus 1080 strix back to Amazon for a refund this morning. It was running super hot even with fans at 100%, reaching 90c plus. Looks like I'll be picking up a 1080ti in a week instead of another 1080. I'm super happy with my Asus motherboard, but the gpu was disappointing. Sounded like a jet engine, my Maxwell Titan X with the reference cooler isn't nearly as loud.

I know when I bought my original titans in 2012(i think), I was pretty pissed to see the Titan xp be released for the same price and better, supposedly. 

How dare nvida release better stuff as time and technology advances. I demand a price hike on exerything, forever. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

4 hours ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

I'm not mad, my point is that you can't call people "naive" because they didn't expect a Ti coming out. Some people are new to this. And is there something wrong with feeling a little bit annoyed when a company releases a card better than yours for the same price? 

It's not just graphics card. It's anything. Oh no! A better product came along for same/cheaper!

If you are "new" to whatever, you are by definition naive.

42 minutes ago, beavo451 said:

It's not just graphics card. It's anything. Oh no! A better product came along for same/cheaper!

If you are "new" to whatever, you are by definition naive.

And why do you point that out then? Is there something wrong with new people coming into a industry?. And you haven't answered the question and still missing the point. I asked if there was something wrong with people feeling annoyed when a company releases a product better than yours for the same price. Sure someone who already had the knowledge could have prevented it, but new customers didn't have a clue.