What is the difference between these 2 monitors??

be_x

the qr has a faster response time, besides that i cant tell the difference. Get the cheaper one. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

The 1st panel is TN - used often for gaming monitors because of faster clock speeds and cheaper costs to make, at the cost of color quality and accuracy. The second panel is IPS which will have much better color and viewing angles, but are more expensive.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

Just now, Thinkfreely said:

The 1st panel is TN - used often for gaming monitors because of faster clock speeds and cheaper costs to make, at the cost of color quality and accuracy. The second panel is IPS which will have much better color and viewing angles, but are more expensive.

Too add to this the PG279Q (IPS) also has 100% sRGB and speakers while the PG278QR (TN) has 3D support.

1ms vs 4ms response time,

2 2w speaker vs none,

HDMI 3D mode refresh rate: 1440p 60Hz vs 120Hz

Display Port 2D 1440p upto 165Hz vs   165Hz Overclock 

Just now, <Aleks> said:

1ms vs 4ms response time,

2 2w speaker vs none,

HDMI 3D mode refresh rate: 1440p 60Hz vs 120Hz

Display Port 2D 1440p upto 165Hz vs   165Hz Overclock 

WTF... I don't know why it's like this but get the cheaper one the difference isn't worth 100.

8 minutes ago, <Aleks> said:

WTF... I don't know why it's like this but get the cheaper one the difference isn't worth 100.

$100 more for and IPS panel at that size and refresh is actually a pretty good deal. If you have used IPS its hard to go back to a TN panel.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

The PG278QR is what i went for I was also considering IPS over TN and wow I am glad i went with TN I have had IPS monitors before, you need to see the quality of the TN display in this monitor, and no quality issues works perfectly.