Windows not booting!

Chandres
1 minute ago, epickiller272 said:

The last thing I can think of is rebuilding the MBR if this PC uses MBR. Wouldn't work on GPT, but 95% of people don't have a copy of DOS or a floppy disk drive now, do we? By the way, how old, what size, and what brand is the HDD??

western digital. 3 months old

Just now, Chandres said:

western digital. 3 months old

Size? 250GB, 500GB, or 1TB??

1 minute ago, epickiller272 said:

Size? 250GB, 500GB, or 1TB??

120gb SSD, 1tb HDD

Hello,

So today I had this problem and need some help. I have built 3 PCs in my life and never had this problem. I built this PC with an RX 460 a Haswell i3 an MSI motherboard, a 120gb SSD and a 1tb Western Digital Purple HDD. It built it for my friend. He turn off his PC to go eat lunch. He went back turned it on and had this message.

"It is in spanuish so sorry. Here is a transaltion.

Windows found a problem in communicantion with a divice connected to the system.

The cause of this error could be de disconnection of the storage device, like a USB Drive, or damaged hardware like a HDD or a CD-ROM with errors. Be sure the device is well connected and restart the PC.

If you keep getting this message contact your hardware manufacturer."

The drives are both identified by the BIOS. Also I tried disconnecting the HDD and it still gets the message. Any help?

bfb39adf-c194-499c-875c-5df350975a19.jpg

I think it might be a bootloader issue try inserting Windows Installation Media and select Repair your Computer. Select Startup Repair it should solve the problem. Otherwise in Repair your Computer select Command Prompt and type these commands.

bootrec.exe /fixmbr

bootrec.exe /fixboot

bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd after typing this command you'll get a message that Windows Installation is detected then say yes for adding to boot list

If these methods don't work I think you should reinstall Windows