Ubuntu 16.04 doesn't "recognize" games/programs stored on another hard drive

Hi

I have my OS, Steam and couple small games stored on my C drive and the rest are on my another hard drive, but the games stored on it are grayed out until I open the hard drive in Nautilus and restart Steam.
It isn't a huge issue to just click the hard drive button and restart Steam, but I have had this problem as long as I can remember so I think it is time that I do something about it.

I'm guessing the drive doesn't get mounted until you open it in Nautilus.

The solution would be adding an entry in /etc/fstab that would mount the drive automatically like your main one. See link

Mind  that, when setting a mount point, you chose the same one it gets when you're accessing it now (probably something under /media/yourusername), otherwise Steam will not find the game files where it's used to them being.

you can set your drive to automount through the disk manager, its much more user friendly than editing the /etc/fstab

ps. theres no C: drive in linux, I had to double check the title of the post

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

56 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

you can set your drive to automount through the disk manager, its much more user friendly than editing the /etc/fstab

So I am at the disk manager and opened the mount options for the disk. It was already set to automatic, however the mount point is set to "/mnt/202E89EA2E89B8F4" and I assume that is not what it is supposed to be, right? What should I set it to? "/media/username"?

Screenshot of it: http://i.imgur.com/x43PVt3

1 minute ago, Jusberi said:

So I am at the disk manager and opened the mount options for the disk. It was already set to automatic, however the mount point is set to "/mnt/202E89EA2E89B8F4" and I assume that is not what it is supposed to be, right? What should I set it to? "/media/username"?

Screenshot of it: http://i.imgur.com/x43PVt3.png

name it whatever you want as long as its matched in steam

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

I'm sorry, I don't understand. How do I know it is matched in steam?

Edit: nvm. The steam games were installed on /media/username/diskname/steam. So I just set the mount point to /media/username/diskname and voila, works great.