No wifi...

I'm new to linux after maybe 1 month of using ubuntu on my pc i installed it on my HP Pavilion ab065na and for some reason i can't get the wifi to work, it was fine on my pc can anyone help?

Post the output from lspci and lsusb. You may need to put sudo in front of those commands. They will list hardware connected by USB and pci. From there we can look up on the debian wiki the appropriate drivers and kernel modules required to get wifi working

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

On 2/25/2017 at 6:45 AM, <Aleks> said:

I'm new to linux after maybe 1 month of using ubuntu on my pc i installed it on my HP Pavilion ab065na and for some reason i can't get the wifi to work, it was fine on my pc can anyone help?

Sometimes the firmware thats built in to drivers is proprietary. So they cant include it in the normal Linux install. I have a old XP laptop that was the same way. You need to connect your machine with a cable to your router and run the command that @Dr.Fr4nk3n5731n has listed. It will get you the driver you need. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 7.3.2017 at 6:01 AM, Donut417 said:

Sometimes the firmware thats built in to drivers is proprietary. So they cant include it in the normal Linux install. I have a old XP laptop that was the same way. You need to connect your machine with a cable to your router and run the command that @Dr.Fr4nk3n5731n has listed. It will get you the driver you need. 

Oh yeah you are right, I should have mentioned that you need Network in order to download this package.

Thanks @Donut417