Apple checking 'exploding' iPhone video

46 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

A battery sets on fire and starts emitting toxic smoke and his first reaction is to pull his phone out and film it? His chance of getting cancer just went up by 10,000%.

Li Ion batteries are vulnerable to this sort of thing and literally any device with a Li Ion battery in it could do this, as we don't know what sort of life the phone had its impossible to know if its user generated or something manufacturer related however the fact she had it in a shop being looked at because it wouldn't turn on doesn't exactly indicate she looked after it very well.

One phone igniting is an accident, it only becomes a problem when multiple phones do it.

Don't worry, natural selection just doing its work.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

On 2/25/2017 at 11:45 AM, Ethernet said:

Just going to lay my two sense on this. She was probably using a crappy ass third party charging cable, and the case she was using. Yes the iPhone 7 gets hot but with a case like that, facing down so no air circulation from the room can get to it, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason why it melt. Bad ass case.

She also said "The past two nights it hasn't been on my bed at all," Helps explain the issue, phone charging on your bed. You fall asleep and now its under your pillow with a bunch of apps still running.

All the charging circuitry is inside the phone.  A crappy charging cable shouldn't have any bearing on the phone overcharging or not.  And with lightning cables, you'll get phones that work perfectly with aftermarket cables, and other ones that are finicky assholes about anything other than an Apple-branded cable.  Saw this all the time when I worked at Radioshack, it's really annoying to have returns come back on cables that work totally fine.

I suppose you could make the case that a crap USB power supply could hurt the charging circuit with poorly-regulated 5V, but really it shouldn't overcharge when it fails.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

I've charged my phone under my pillow before :/ still no fire. Must be an unlucky case 1 in a million

Main System - 2016 13"nTB MBP 256GB

Gaming Rig - 4790K, 16GB RAM, 1080Ti
Monitor - Dell 25" U2515H

K/B & M - Ducky One TKL, Logitech MX Master & G900

Audio - JDS Labs The Element, Aktimate Mini B+, Krix Seismix 3 Mk6, Ultrasone Pro 900

Not sure why people are calling it fake. This happens a few times every year. It is estimated that Apple has sold 100 million iPhones in 2016. Even if we assume a 0.001% battery failure rate, that's still 1,000 phones.

eh ill still charge my 7 Plus on my bed 

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

this isnt news really in my eyes, i the company i work for buys inruance salvage laptops, phones, tablets to refurbish all the time we see laptops and phones that batteries have "exploded" its only now that the news has started talking about it since the whole note 7 thing. with the note 7s granted its a manafacutre defect but most of the time especially with laptops we see its often from overheating.

I lurk a lot

On 2/24/2017 at 2:09 PM, tim0901 said:

There has been another case of an iPhone 7 exploding, with footage being released onto twitter of the device emitting smoke.

The device had been brought into a store the previous day after it wouldn't turn on:

Or at least spewing smoke everywhere.

As with the other reports of iPhone 7s catching fire, I doubt we'll hear of this again. It'll probably be linked to dodgy 3rd party chargers or a previously damaged handset.

Original article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39081895

Video link: 

Reveal hidden contents

lol and my dad always shits on androids and how they "suck" due to Samsung what about now dad?!

MY MAIN BUILD AT FATHERS HOUSE!

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz 8-Core Processor CPU COOLER:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard

RAM: 32gb ddr3

Hard Drive:  Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Graphics Card:  MSI Radeon RX 470 DirectX 12 Radeon RX 470 ARMOR 4G OC 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Case: Rosewill TYRFING ATX Mid Tower Case

Network Adapter:  TP-Link TL-WN781ND PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter

Case Fans:  Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan (PLUS THE STOCK CASE FAN)

Monitor:  Asus VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor

Keyboard:  Thermaltake CHALLENGER PRIME Wired Gaming Keyboard

Mouse:  MSI Interceptor DS B1 Wired Optical Mouse

Speakers: Logitech Z200 0W 2ch Speakers