Intel to enter digital textbook market with aquisition of Kno

nicehat

textbooks.jpg

Intel has decided to step into the education sector by purchasing Kno, a e-textbook startup. The deal was not cheap because we know that Kno had raised $73 million  from venture capitalists. 

In 2009 Kno was intended to sell mobile hardware to students. The problem was that this was the time where tablets were making their debut. Kno dropped the stratagy and started to focus on e-textbooks. Apperantly, Kno's expertise is turning boring PDF's into interactive ebooks within minutes. The product that can do this conversion is called Advance. 

So why does intel give a care about ebooks all of a sudden? Well according to John Galvin, Intel's sales and marketing exec, the aquisition will boost Intels global digital content library to more than 225,000 higher education and K-12 titles with partnerships with textbook publishers. 

...Basically, he side stepped that question and we have no idea why Intel wants in on the education market...

All these titles and textbooks can be accessed via iPad, Android and Windows 7/8.. I guess diversification is good when PC sales are stagnating. Am I right or am I wrong? What do you think? You think edu-macation is a good market to invade if you're Intel? 

http://venturebeat.com/2013/11/08/intel-acquires-edtech-startup-kno-to-boost-its-digital-content-library/

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

I think a 1080p 11-13in tablet would be the ideal size for a textbook replacement. Portability and a sharp clear text.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270