Static Electricity

Hey guys, I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum or not, but either way, I just travelled back from the US to Argentina with a new laptop and when I connect my laptop to an outlet, when I rub my finger through the laptop cover, I can feel a little electricity. Mind you, this is ONLY when plugged in and only has been happening since I got here. I tried different outlets, all with grounding and some give more and others give less electricity, never really intense though, but it is concerning me and I'm wondering what type of solution there is to this.

O.o what do you mean you can feel electricity?  Like, the feeling of a 9v on your tongue, or just like a static build up?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

14 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Like, the feeling of a 9v on your tongue

Am I the only one who has never licked a battery?

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

16 minutes ago, Moress said:

I haven't, either. There are dozens of us! Dozens!

13 minutes ago, Moress said:

Nah I have a co-worker who shudders every time someone licks a 9V.  He thinks the angry pixies are going to get him

42 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

O.o what do you mean you can feel electricity?  Like, the feeling of a 9v on your tongue, or just like a static build up?

I feel like static, I don't know how to explain it. It's like there's vibration and it's not the friction between my finger and the laptop, it feels like static, hard to explain.

4 hours ago, CameronMelia said:

I feel like static, I don't know how to explain it. It's like there's vibration and it's not the friction between my finger and the laptop, it feels like static, hard to explain.

Well a static feeling should be a single jolt and then nothing.  If it's continuous, something must be shorting to the case which is very "0_o" 

I would take it in to get checked if that's the situation.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

7 hours ago, CameronMelia said:

Hey guys, I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum or not, but either way, I just travelled back from the US to Argentina with a new laptop and when I connect my laptop to an outlet, when I rub my finger through the laptop cover, I can feel a little electricity. Mind you, this is ONLY when plugged in and only has been happening since I got here. I tried different outlets, all with grounding and some give more and others give less electricity, never really intense though, but it is concerning me and I'm wondering what type of solution there is to this.

Had the same thing with my desktop lol newer cared abaut enought to chek for reasons. But i think is becose of air moisture levels or smthing like that bdw check what hapens when u touch cocrete flor or some pipes when touching it i was able to ligt up led that way xD