Wont Shutdown

Go to solution Solved by Doubledteam1,

Thank you for all of your guys help, with the knowledge that it was indeed windows causing the problem and not my motherboard i was able to better search on google which gave me an answer. ill leave the link if anyone else has this problem.

http://superuser.com/questions/980205/shutdown-button-start-menu-login-screen-logs-out-but-doesnt-shut-down-in-wi

My computer (i just built it with used parts) never shuts down, when i click shut down the fans just continue to run at full speed, leds on and everything. the computer is not asleep or anything and i dont know how to fix this. ive been through all the bios settings and nothing looks like it would correct that and windows isnt set to sleep for the shutdown. the motherboard is an old lenovo is6xm motherboard with an i5 2500, 8gb of ram, and a 1050ti. Please help!

Can you force shutdown by holding power button?

If not its prob ur pins to mobo

Unless ur talking about os shutdown...

i can force shutdown with the case button and they are on correctly, i removed them and placed them back in and it still happens

12 minutes ago, Doubledteam1 said:

My computer (i just built it with used parts) never shuts down, when i click shut down the fans just continue to run at full speed, leds on and everything. the computer is not asleep or anything and i dont know how to fix this. ive been through all the bios settings and nothing looks like it would correct that and windows isnt set to sleep for the shutdown. the motherboard is an old lenovo is6xm motherboard with an i5 2500, 8gb of ram, and a 1050ti. Please help!

Click shutdown as in clicking on a physical button?

If it's software, try opening Command Prompt and typing in

shutdown -s -t NUMSECOND

with NUMSECOND being replace by the number of second you want to delay a shutdown by.

e.g.

shutdown -s -t 3

Will shutdown the computer in 3 seconds.

Not sure if this answered your question, but hopefully it did.

Cheers!

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

2 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

Click shutdown as in clicking on a physical button?

If it's software, try opening Command Prompt and typing in

shutdown -s -t NUMSECOND

with NUMSECOND being replace by the number of second you want to delay a shutdown by.

e.g.

shutdown -s -t 3

Will shutdown the computer in 3 seconds.

Not sure if this answered your question, but hopefully it did.

Cheers!

That actually fucking worked, now how can i change it so i dont have to go into command prompt to shut it down everytime. Thank you by the way

15 minutes ago, Doubledteam1 said:

That actually fucking worked, now how can i change it so i dont have to go into command prompt to shut it down everytime. Thank you by the way

First, create a simple text document on your PC, since you want it for shutdown only, just name it something like "Shutdown".

Now, open the freshly created document and copy and paste what's below.

@echo off

shutdown -s -t 3

Now click "File" on the top left of the window 

Rename it to whatever, but make sure there's a .bat at the end. e.g "Shutdown.bat"

Make sure it's saved as "ALL FILES"

Save the file.

Double click its icon and it will run the command instantly and shut down your computer. I'd recommend you move it in like a corner on your desktop, something you won't click by accident.

Hope this helps.

In addition to what photoncreator said, you can pause upon running the batch file until a key is pressed by using the pause command. You can restrict this to the enter key by doing something like this, so you run the batch file and then press enter to shutdown: 

@echo off
set /p shutdown=Press ENTER to shutdown.
shutdown -s -t 3

Thank you for all of your guys help, with the knowledge that it was indeed windows causing the problem and not my motherboard i was able to better search on google which gave me an answer. ill leave the link if anyone else has this problem.

http://superuser.com/questions/980205/shutdown-button-start-menu-login-screen-logs-out-but-doesnt-shut-down-in-wi