Possible USB issues with MSI Gaming M5 Mobo?

Since using my MSI Z170A Gaming M5 in October, I have had 2 wired gaming mice fail. Granted, the first (Perixx MX-3000R) was a budget model that no longer exists, but the second (G.Skill MX780) was rated fairly highly considering the price. The latter died 2 months in to a 2 year warranty, which seems to indicate either terrible luck on my part, or something to do with my rig. In both the lasers either died outright, or partially. Is it possible that the dedicated "Gaming Device Port" for "high end gaming mice" is overloading my mice?

Both were under warranty when they died, so worst-case scenario I could just keep daisy-chaining them into the forseeable future. But if it is the board, how would I best check this?

3 minutes ago, Cthulhu Calamari said:

Since using my MSI Z170A Gaming M5 in October, I have had 2 wired gaming mice fail. Granted, the first (Perixx MX-3000R) was a budget model that no longer exists, but the second (G.Skill MX780) was rated fairly highly considering the price. The latter died 2 months in to a 2 year warranty, which seems to indicate either terrible luck on my part, or something to do with my rig. In both the lasers either died outright, or partially. Is it possible that the dedicated "Gaming Device Port" for "high end gaming mice" is overloading my mice?

Both were under warranty when they died, so worst-case scenario I could just keep daisy-chaining them into the forseeable future. But if it is the board, how would I best check this?

Well yes? What PSU you got?

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

1 minute ago, Cthulhu Calamari said:

EVGA Supernova 750 G1 80 Plus Gold Certified Modular PSU (NCIX product page)

So either youve got a short somewhere, or your just getting unlucky

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

1 minute ago, nobiggieBIG said:

So either youve got a short somewhere, or your just getting unlucky

I don't have any other issues with voltages on anything else that I can tell, so I guess it's just bad luck? My keyboard doesn't have any issues that I can notice (the light effect timing isn't different from what I've seen in reviews, for example), and it's plugged into the the same dedicated device port USBs...

I'll switch my backup mouse from the front ports to the same one, and see if the problem persists.