I'm kinda nervous to build my PC...

I have to admit, at first I was really excited to build my PC but I am starting to be not so sure about it. My money earning speed is very low and I am worried I may ruin my components on accident. Are there any rules of thumb or warnings about certain parts? I know I'm probably making a big deal out of it but I don't want to ruin anything lol

#BudgetMasterRace

CPU: Pentium G4560  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 OC  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400mhz  CASE: NZXT S340  POWER SUPPLY: EVGA 500B MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B250M-DS3H  STORAGE: 1tb Wd Blue 7200rpm hdd  MOUSE: Redragon M711 Cobra Chroma RGB 

KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe  MICROPHONE: Blue Snowball  DISPLAY: Dell S2440L 1080p 60hz  HEADPHONES: Audio Technica ATH-M30X's

Always ground yourself, and you'd be best of standing on wood floor and building on a wood surface or something similair. I know how you feel, but when i built my computer and did this, totally worked no problems at all. 

6 minutes ago, Zeke_ said:

I have to admit, at first I was really excited to build my PC but I am starting to be not so sure about it. My money earning speed is very low and I am worried I may ruin my components on accident. Are there any rules of thumb or warnings about certain parts? I know I'm probably making a big deal out of it but I don't want to ruin anything lol

I feel you. What i did when i did my first build in 2014 is keep a video up on how to build a pc. Carey Holzman on youtube imo has the best guides. Once you start building all the info you learned just comes flowing to you.

If you are nervous maybe be in a call with a friend and just talk about gaming or something to help ease the anxienty/nervous which i did a little bit of it really helps.

I7 6800k   |  Asus X99-A USB 3.1  |  CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400mhz   |  Corsair H100i V2 |   EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition  |  NZXT S340 White  |  EVGA 750w NEXB1 

Storage: Samsung 850 evo 250gb SSD, Kingston 120gb v300 SSD, Western Digital 1TB green drive.

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU

Build it in a clean open area or not at all. Other than that, nothing really. Just take your time. If you want to be even more safe you could ground yourself by keeping contact with your case frame or use a grounding band or something like that.

Suggestions: Don't be a butterfingers. only open the CPU latch when you are about to install the CPU, and DO NOT DROP IT INTO THE SOCKET OR YOU WILL bend the contacts, possibility beyond repair (and no OEM will not honor it under warranty).

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

24 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

Suggestions: Don't be a butterfingers. only open the CPU latch when you are about to install the CPU, and DO NOT DROP IT INTO THE SOCKET OR YOU WILL bend the contacts, possibility beyond repair (and no OEM will not honor it under warranty).

32 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Build it in a clean open area or not at all. Other than that, nothing really. Just take your time. If you want to be even more safe you could ground yourself by keeping contact with your case frame or use a grounding band or something like that.

34 minutes ago, Snow- said:

I feel you. What i did when i did my first build in 2014 is keep a video up on how to build a pc. Carey Holzman on youtube imo has the best guides. Once you start building all the info you learned just comes flowing to you.

If you are nervous maybe be in a call with a friend and just talk about gaming or something to help ease the anxienty/nervous which i did a little bit of it really helps.

39 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

This stuff is for people to build, not machines.

Just keep your cool, stay calm, and watch some YouTube tutorials. 

39 minutes ago, MrAwesomepants said:

Always ground yourself, and you'd be best of standing on wood floor and building on a wood surface or something similair. I know how you feel, but when i built my computer and did this, totally worked no problems at all. 

Thx all :) lots of great help! 

#BudgetMasterRace

CPU: Pentium G4560  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 OC  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400mhz  CASE: NZXT S340  POWER SUPPLY: EVGA 500B MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B250M-DS3H  STORAGE: 1tb Wd Blue 7200rpm hdd  MOUSE: Redragon M711 Cobra Chroma RGB 

KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe  MICROPHONE: Blue Snowball  DISPLAY: Dell S2440L 1080p 60hz  HEADPHONES: Audio Technica ATH-M30X's

Disclaimer: This is all the safety stuff there is, so it shouldn't be a problem :)

Don't be worried about frying parts. Make sure you buy a grounded workmat/wristband to protect from static.

Wood is the recommended (by most of everyone) surface for building/standing. Also, your CPU is the most fragile part, but all you have to do is not touch the contact pads. Also, make sure to test your parts before putting them in the case. If a part is dead, it is probably a DOA, and you should send it back for a replacement, after looking around in your bios of course (unless its the cpu/mobo).

I hope your build goes well.

@eToothe What are contact pads on the mobo?

#BudgetMasterRace

@eToothe B250 

#BudgetMasterRace

@eToothe To the whole build?

#BudgetMasterRace

@eToothe 

[PCPartPicker part list](https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BNHmRG) / [Price breakdown by merchant](https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BNHmRG/by_merchant/)

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
**CPU** | [Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8gKhP6/intel-pentium-g4560-35ghz-dual-core-processor-bx80677g4560) | $61.99 @ Jet 
**Motherboard** | [Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/VM2rxr/gigabyte-ga-b250m-ds3h-micro-atx-lga1151-motherboard-ga-b250m-ds3h) | $73.89 @ OutletPC 
**Memory** | [Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8hM323/kingston-memory-hx421c14fb8) | $66.97 @ Newegg 
**Storage** | [Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/MwW9TW/western-digital-internal-hard-drive-wd10ezex) | $49.33 @ OutletPC 
**Video Card** | [MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ttQRsY/msi-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-4gb-video-card-gtx-1050-ti-4g-oc) | $139.99 @ B&H 
**Case** | [Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JwVBD3/corsair-case-cc9011075ww) | $49.99 @ B&H 
**Power Supply** | [EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/HvTmP6/evga-power-supply-100w10430kr) | $33.88 @ OutletPC 
 | *Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts* |
 | Total (before mail-in rebates) | $491.04
 | Mail-in rebates | -$15.00
 | **Total** | **$476.04**
 | Generated by [PCPartPicker](http://pcpartpicker.com) 2017-02-23 12:28 EST-0500 |

#BudgetMasterRace

From what I've seen on other videos, put your motherboard on the box it came in, then install the CPU and RAM sticks.  Once that is done, put the IO shield in your case, and install motherboard.  Everything else after that is super easy!

Midnight Rig - CPU: i7-7700K / Cooler: Corsair h100i V2 / Motherboard: AsRock Z270 Taichi / RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 / SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm / PSU: EVGA Supernova B2 750W