Little to no case fans

Kris_Kid

I was wondering what Temps would look like if I didn't have any case fans and what would they look like if I had 1 exhaust

it offcourse seriously depends on your hardware, but with no fans what so ever you're essentially suffocating your hardware, no matter what you have.

14 minutes ago, manikyath said:

it offcourse seriously depends on your hardware, but with no fans what so ever you're essentially suffocating your hardware, no matter what you have.

Sure I suppose I was just wondering because I'm building a new system for a friend but I'd rather order the least amout of items as possable 

3 minutes ago, Kris_Kid said:

Sure I suppose I was just wondering because I'm building a new system for a friend but I'd rather order the least amout of items as possable 

usually, whatever amount of case fans *decent case* comes with are enough for the hardware a sensible man can stuff inside.

A lot also depends on your case. 

I've had an SLI system run just fine in a HAF X with one 140mm fan running on its lowest RPM (I had sold the HAF X's 200mm fans before taking delivery of my new Storm Trooper), but on a case with restrictive airflow that would be a good way to kill all the components. 

The CPU cooler (of the aircooled variety), GPU cooler and the power supply's fan suck in and blow out air, so in an unrestricted case there's plenty of possibilities for the components themselves to generate some airflow. 

But as I said, for that you'd need a case that's basically all mesh and openings.  Can't do that with some of the more restrictive designs that are so fashionable nowadays. 

I'd advise against using a single exhaust though, unless you really like having lots of dust inside the PC.  Always make sure you have more intake than exhaust, especially because a CPU cooler will be close to the top rear of the case anyway so it'll act as an exhaust fan. 

14 hours ago, Kris_Kid said:

It depends on your specs and where the system is going to be located. 

If you need help on planning a system, read this: 

and post a thread in the New Builds and Planning subforum.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If memory serves, this video has some temps included.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv