Best place to buy Blu Ray movies online? That ships to Canada!

dalekphalm

Hey Guys, it's been a while since I've bought any Blu Ray movies and I'm thinking of getting a few new ones.

Where have you found is the best place to shop Online for them? Preferably a Canadian Site. Amazon.ca seems alright, you can usually get free shipping, but it's only a little bit cheaper than places like WalMart, Best Buy, and HMV, when the movies are new.

Any other good places?

The Cineplex.com website is running a promo right now where you can buy certain Blu Ray movies (including one or two I want) and you get the standard 125 scene points + 1000 scene points bonus. The movies are priced basically the same as Amazon. In this particular case I'm looking at "This Is The End" for $29.99 + 1125 scene points".

For those who don't know, or aren't from Canada. Cineplex is a national chain of Theatres (Galaxy, Silver City, Cineplex, some others I think). They have a bonus members program called Scene. You earn points when buying a movie pass (100 points), and you redeem points to get a free ticket (1000 points). You also get 10% off the concession food (Not a big discount, but every bit helps with crazy theatre food prices!), and certain combo's will also earn you points (Anywhere between 50 and 1000).

So basically if I bought this blu ray on the cineplex webstore I'd get a free movie ticket out of it. The points are really just a bonus, but if no where else is significantly cheaper for a new title, then I may as well. I also don't want to buy used or "surplus" (eg: fell off the back of a truck and ended up on ebay from a non-authorized reseller), unless the price was SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper, like 50% or less. My reasoning is that if I buy a disc from HMV or even from Amazon, if it's scratched, or the disc is missing, etc, I have reasonable customer service expectations, where none really exist in the form of eBay.

What do y'all think?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

buying movies ?

wow its been a while

i guess amazon

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I use this site: http://www.blu-ray.com/

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

buying movies ?

wow its been a while

i guess amazon

Blu-Ray quality is still superior visually to most of what you can buy online as a digital download, usually by a pretty big margin. I have a kickass TV, I want to squeeze every ounce of quality out of it.

Piratebay?

just sayin'

Just an FYI condoning pirating copyright material is against forum ToS. In addition to that, movies you can download, even 1080p blu-ray rips, aren't as good quality as a straight blu-ray movie or a uncompressed blu-ray rip.

What I end up doing anyway is this:

Buy the Blu Ray, use MakeMKV to rip an uncompressed copy of the movie, then I've usually been re-encoding it using Handbrake (Quality level 18) which shrinks it a few gigs with no noticeable quality loss. This still gives better results then 99% of Torrent 1080p downloads. Plus I still get all the special features, and have a physical backup in case my HDD's melt or something.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

movies you can download, even 1080p blu-ray rips, aren't as good quality as a straight blu-ray movie or a uncompressed blu-ray rip.

i dont condone piracy but

there are uncompressed rips

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.