Can i use Full GPU rendering for AE / ME?

rans

Hello, as the title says.
is it possible? every time i render on media encoder i notice that my usage on cpu is about 60-80% but on the GPU its only 0-4% (I'm using the CUDA acceleration)
and my render is slow even if its not very complex (2 minutes video 720p -18mbps, no audio took me about an hour to render)

my specs:
i7 6700k -non oc
gtx 1070
8GB ram
2 SSD both 120gb (1 for OS and 1 for Media cache)

By the way how do i use the 2 ssd? i'm not quite sure if should i output the final video to my OS drive(where the AE,ME and project files located) or in the 2nd Drive(media cache only drive no other things here)
I'm Newbie thanks.

Uhh that's weird. That shouldnt be happening. Restart AE or ME and check that gpu acceleration is switched on. Sometimes I get random errors that I forget to actually read that tell me gpu acceleration is not working or something like that and a 4min 4k render that normally takes 30min ends up taking 8 times longer (~4 hours). See if restarting the programs help

2 minutes ago, WhatComesAround said:

Uhh that's weird. That shouldnt be happening. Restart AE or ME and check that gpu acceleration is switched on. Sometimes I get random errors that I forget to actually read that tell me gpu acceleration is not working or something like that and a 4min 4k render that normally takes 30min ends up taking 8 times longer (~4 hours). See if restarting the programs help

Hello, thnks for replying.
restarting ddnt help. i also tried rendering on ME other videos w/ the cuda acceleration on. (while HWmonitor is on too) and the GPU usage ddnt even go 5% up all the time.

6 minutes ago, Ranz said:

Hello, thnks for replying.
restarting ddnt help. i also tried rendering on ME other videos w/ the cuda acceleration on. (while HWmonitor is on too) and the GPU usage ddnt even go 5% up all the time.

I am not sure if gpu usage is really affected, I have not actually watched GPU usage but I believe it shouldn't go up much as you are using cuda cores and not the entire gpu's processing power. But I have to say, 2min long 720p videos with no music should definitely not take an hour to export.

but is it normal that when rendering in ME, gpu does not utilize at all?

5 minutes ago, Ranz said:

Uhh I don't think that's normal, but I wouldn't expect to see a lot of usage, I'll render something myself in just a sec to check if I am right about this.

17 minutes ago, Ranz said:

Uhh ye. GPU usage bounces all over the place but it doesn't average very high, I would say around 5-10% usage. The clock speed and memory usage goes up and that's about it. BTW I have a 980 (MSI).

1 hour ago, Ranz said:

Hey I think there is a solution to ur problem,

On 2/19/2017 at 11:04 PM, WhatComesAround said:

Hey I think there is a solution to ur problem,

Hello there, sorry for late reply, thank you for thanking time to research like this. i appreciate it, i'll try it later. thnks

On 2/24/2017 at 3:25 AM, Ranz said:

Hello there, sorry for late reply, thank you for thanking time to research like this. i appreciate it, i'll try it later. thnks

No problem