Corsair 600T horrible front panel audio quality

Hi guys, I just built a new PC and the sound I am getting from the front connector is just atrocious. Sound is coming from both sides of my headphones, but it is very muffled and low-quality, and in music I can't even hear the vocals. Is this a hardware or software problem?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Hi guys, I just built a new PC and the sound I am getting from the front connector is just atrocious. Sound is coming from both sides of my headphones, but it is very muffled and low-quality, and in music I can't even hear the vocals. Is this a hardware or software problem?

Did you connect the HD Audio plug? There is AC '97 and HD Audio plugs for the front panel.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

^^^ Or if you have a sound card, you should plug it into the port on your soundcard not the mobo.

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Or FP connector could be damaged, try using I/O connectors instead.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Or FP connector could be damaged, try using I/O connectors instead.

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

the connectors on the motherboard or soundcard on the back of the pc

the connectors on the motherboard or soundcard on the back of the pc

So I don't use front panel?

So I don't use front panel?

It's recommended to not use it. 

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

well If you are sure you connected the frontpanel audio correctly and it sounds like poop, yes it might be worth shot. maybe you have to dowload the realtek audio drivers. I personally don't like the music coming from vlc media player, so I use windows media player to listen to music

i had similar problems it turned out the connector to the frontpannel PCB was hanging out. just need pushing back in to fix it for me.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

i had similar problems it turned out the connector to the frontpannel PCB was hanging out. just need pushing back in to fix it for me.

I can't access the front panel IO on the 600T. Do you know how?

I can't access the front panel IO on the 600T. Do you know how?

haven't a clue sorry, mine was on a fractal R4, similar sound issue though.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----