Need Help Figuring Out Kit For LAN Party

SuperShermanTanker

So I'm going to be going to a friend's LAN party next week and I want to get what I'm going to bring ready before the LAN party. I'm going to bring 2 PCs, my ITX shoe box sized LAN Party/Spare PC and my 13 inch Alienware 13 laptop for a friend to play on since he can't bring his PC. I do know what perfierals I'm going to bring but I have multiple monitors and I don't know which monitor I should use. I have a 19 inch AOC 1080p 75hz Freesync display, a 23 inch 1080p Lenovo Touch screen display, two 22inch Acer 1680x1050 res displays and lastly I have my old VGA 17inch 720p Emachines display with built in speakers. Also I don't know what other stuff I should bring cable wise, the last LAN party I went to I brought my network switch and a bunch of eathernet cables and power cables but this time I want to go with a setup just for me and my one friend who is going to use my laptop.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

This is the PC I'm going to be bringing and it has a i5 4590 and a Radeon R7 370

Ok, just connect all the PC(s) to the yellow ports on a standard router plug it in...BOOM lan party

Best of myself(1000th post)

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Cooler Master masterbox lite 3.1

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

Dell precision t3400 motherboard

1 minute ago, v0nn_toaster said:

Ok, just connect all the PC(s) to the yellow ports on a standard router plug it in...BOOM lan party

I'm not hosting the party my friend is at his house

2 minutes ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

I'm not hosting the party my friend is at his house

bring the router and some ethernet cables TO your friends house

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

1 minute ago, v0nn_toaster said:

bring the modem and some ethernet cables TO your friends house

Cant bring the modem nor my switch since it's now being used on my network which I can not disconnect but I will definately bring some eathernet cables

I usually bring a tower, KB & Mouse, comfortable headset, Power and video cables for the equipment, a spare ethernet cable, and a monitor that's 1080p, but thin and not excessively large, bulky or heavy.  20" is usually your max.  Sometimes I even bring a tiny foot stool (about the size of a shoe box) as a foot rest or to keep one or both feet slightly elevated if needed.  I've even brought a pillow for lumbar support.

1 minute ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

Cant bring the modem nor my switch since it's now being used on my network which I can not disconnect but I will definately bring some eathernet cables

Ok, so you'll have to pick up a  router

If you live in the US stop by a goodwill and pick up a old router for like $5

If you live in Canada either go to Walmart and pick up the cheapest one you can find

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

1 hour ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

So I'm going to be going to a friend's LAN party next week and I want to get what I'm going to bring ready before the LAN party. I'm going to bring 2 PCs, my ITX shoe box sized LAN Party/Spare PC and my 13 inch Alienware 13 laptop for a friend to play on since he can't bring his PC. I do know what perfierals I'm going to bring but I have multiple monitors and I don't know which monitor I should use. I have a 19 inch AOC 1080p 75hz Freesync display, a 23 inch 1080p Lenovo Touch screen display, two 22inch Acer 1680x1050 res displays and lastly I have my old VGA 17inch 720p Emachines display with built in speakers. Also I don't know what other stuff I should bring cable wise, the last LAN party I went to I brought my network switch and a bunch of eathernet cables and power cables but this time I want to go with a setup just for me and my one friend who is going to use my laptop.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

This is the PC I'm going to be bringing and it has a i5 4590 and a Radeon R7 370

If u can, bring a switch and u and your friend can connect to and that can connect to the hosts router, bring screwdriver and other tools and a usb with windows install on it , shit happens, good luck and hope you enjoy :)