How do you associate AD Users and Computers with workstations?

Hi everyone,

I'm basically in a lab environment right now practicing using Active Directory. I have a server running Windows Small Business Server 2011 and have 3 workstations.

How do I associate the users and computer accounts I've made on the server Active Directory with the workstations?

I created all 3 computer accounts, and all 3 user accounts. We have computers 1, 2, and 3 and users A, B, and C.

Pretty new to this, so thank you for any help you can give.  

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

You don't normally make computer accounts ahead of time - you Join the computers to the domain via the System Properties - go to where you can rename the computer, and you can change it from a Workgroup to a Domain. If the option for a Domain is greyed out, then the computers aren't running a SKU that can join a domain (like Pro, Enterprise, or Ultimate)

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

14 minutes ago, brwainer said:

You don't normally make computer accounts ahead of time - you Join the computers to the domain via the System Properties - go to where you can rename the computer, and you can change it from a Workgroup to a Domain. If the option for a Domain is greyed out, then the computers aren't running a SKU that can join a domain (like Pro, Enterprise, or Ultimate)

Been awhile scene i have looked into this crap but I believe the Idea is just so they do not get put into the computers OU when they join, they will be placed were ever you stage them to.

28 minutes ago, brwainer said:

Great, thank you. Trying now 

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC