Cheaper alternative parts and general advice

EternalUmbreon

I'm looking to upgrade my pc as my current system is unable to run modern AAA titles at a somewhat decent level, I have made a list on pc part picker of some things that I think will be good enough: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Pp6QM8

However it will take a while to save for this (around 2 years) so I'm looking for any parts I could change to bring the price down while keeping the performance the same, and also any future releases that I should be looking out for.

Looks ok, but I don't think you need all those fans. 2 should be fine.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

Oh yeah, look out for ryzen.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

You can't oc on a H110 mobo. Only Zxxx can (for intel)

2 minutes ago, King_of_Oz said:

Looks ok, but I don't think you need all those fans. 2 should be fine.

Sure, I was planning on replacing the ones that come with the cooler but now that I think you can't really see them

2 minutes ago, FTL said:

You can't oc on a H110 mobo. Only Zxxx can (for intel)

Thanks for the info

This Mobo would not allow OC-ing and may need a BIOS update to support the 7600k. The Z270 series board (or z170 with the most recent BIOS) would be appropriate for a 7600k to OC. Also, I'm not sure you need to get the Arctic Silver thermal paste.  Probably don't need 4 additional fans.  Might be worth using the money saved from the thermal compound and fans on a z270 Mobo.

Updated list from removing the fans and changing the mobo to an ocable one: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBMCqk

4 minutes ago, WMGroomAK said:

This Mobo would not allow OC-ing and may need a BIOS update to support the 7600k. The Z270 series board (or z170 with the most recent BIOS) would be appropriate for a 7600k to OC. Also, I'm not sure you need to get the Arctic Silver thermal paste.  Probably don't need 4 additional fans.  Might be worth using the money saved from the thermal compound and fans on a z270 Mobo.

Should I still get thermal paste, just a cheaper one?

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£286.99 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£24.94 @ Ebuyer)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste  (£11.25 @ CCL Computers)
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty H270M Performance Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£115.84 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (£97.99 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£84.06 @ Novatech)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card  (£377.62 @ More Computers)
Case: Thermaltake Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (£50.75 @ CCL Computers)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£78.94 @ CCL Computers)
Case Fan: NZXT Air Flow Series 83.6 CFM  140mm Fan  (£7.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1160.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-16 20:30 GMT+0000

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£319.50 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£24.94 @ Ebuyer)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste  (£11.25 @ CCL Computers)
Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z270M-PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£120.92 @ BT Shop)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (£97.99 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£84.06 @ Novatech)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card  (£377.62 @ More Computers)
Case: Thermaltake Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (£50.75 @ CCL Computers)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£78.94 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £1181.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-16 20:31 GMT+0000

drop a couple of fans and +£20 if you want i7 o/c

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

2 minutes ago, EternalUmbreon said:

Updated list from removing the fans and changing the mobo to an ocable one: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBMCqk

Should I still get thermal paste, just a cheaper one?

The H100i v2 has thermal paste pre-applied so you don't need to get it unless you think that the thermal compound is of a poor quality.  Also, the fans that would mount to this radiator are 120mm not 140mm. 

4 minutes ago, WMGroomAK said:

The H100i v2 has thermal paste pre-applied so you don't need to get it unless you think that the thermal compound is of a poor quality.  Also, the fans that would mount to this radiator are 120mm not 140mm.

The fans are probably gonna be used as exhaust fans as i can have the two on the radiator in and there is a 220mm fan on the front of the case, or did I think this through wrong?

6 minutes ago, EternalUmbreon said:

The fans are probably gonna be used as exhaust fans as i can have the two on the radiator in and there is a 220mm fan on the front of the case, or did I think this through wrong?

Where were you planning on mounting the exhaust fans?  It looks like the case might support one on the back, 2 on each side and the front, and 4 on the roof. With the AIO cooler, you're going to have two 120mm fans acting as intake over the radiator so I might consider one on the back and one or two on the far side from the GPU mount.

10 minutes ago, WMGroomAK said:

Where were you planning on mounting the exhaust fans?  It looks like the case might support one on the back, 2 on each side and the front, and 4 on the roof. With the AIO cooler, you're going to have two 120mm fans acting as intake over the radiator so I might consider one on the back and one or two on the far side from the GPU mount.

Hadn't really planned that far ahead, seems like a good idea, I think I'll probably do this

If you have to save up for 2 years, I suggest you to do this at least 1 and half year later. Planning now doesnt make sense to me. By then, one or even two generational of product will be released. And all the parts especially CPU and GPU will be kinda old.

18 hours ago, Devin92 said:

If you have to save up for 2 years, I suggest you to do this at least 1 and half year later. Planning now doesnt make sense to me. By then, one or even two generational of product will be released. And all the parts especially CPU and GPU will be kinda old.

I felt like making the list now so that I have some idea of the price, I will probably change some of the parts nearer the time but for now I just need to know the most likely price.