Kaveri Engineering sample pictured, launch date set.

nicehat

amd_kaveri_1.jpg

"Advanced Micro Devices has quietly began to ship engineering samples of its code-named Kaveri accelerated processing units to partners. As a result, first images of the chip as well as its launch date have been published. It is a matter of time before more or less reliable benchmark results of the product show up.

AMD A-series “Kaveri” accelerated processing unit looks very similar to its current-generation brethren, which is logical given the fact that it has slight difference when it comes to form-factor. The chip is an engineering sample and is marked like ZD356195I4468. The product was diffused in Germany and assembled in Malaysia. This confirms that Kaveri is indeed made using 28nm process technology.

In addition to publishing photograph of yet unreleased AMD APU, VR-zone web-site has also revealed the formal launch date of the chip: 7th of January, 2014. The product will become available only in February, as reported before.

AMD did not comment on the news-story.

AMD Fusion A-series APU code-named Kaveri is projected to feature up to four Steamroller high-performance x86 general-purpose cores as well as GCN architecture-based AMD Radeon HD graphics engine. The Kaveri chip will be AMD’s first high-performance accelerated processing unit with HSA [heterogeneous system architecture] enhancements, such as heterogeneous uniform memory access, CPU and GPU cache coherency and other. Moreover, Kaveri will be AMD’s first high-performance APUs made using 28nm process technology. Finally, the chips will feature new dual-channel memory controller as well as all-new power management."

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/20131105234000_First_Photo_and_Launch_Date_of_AMD_Kaveri_APU_Revealed.html

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

this is great news. hopefully Kaveri delivers

Desktop: CM Elite 130 - Corsair CX600M PSU - Asus Maximus VI Impact - Intel Core i7-4790K (@4.4GHz) - Corsair H80i - 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 - Asus DirectCUII Radeon R9 290 - 250GB Samsung EVO SSD + 4TB WD Red HDD

Laptop: Asus N56DP-DH11 (AMD A10-4600M - Radeon HD7730M) -------------------------------------------------------- I know, I'm a bit of an AMD fanboy --------------------------------------------------------

"It's not what you drive; it's how you drive it."   ~~Jeremy Clark, TopGear

been waiting for these since the lanno days was a long wait now  finally i will see what HSA is about 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))